Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Wanting EE 2.0.... for now trying to make WordPress play with CI

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

I need to build a combination blogging & social networking site for a radio station. I'm really excited with the possibility of laying Expression Engine on top of Code Igniter. I've use earlier versions of EE and always felt that they were never robust enough. However, the ability to start with a PHP framework such as Code Igniter with a built in blogging engine sounds unreal!

Until the release of EE 2.0 I'm thinking about using the new 2.51 version of WordPress in combination with Code Igniter. I haven't thought of the best way to do this yet... but it will probably involve using WP to write/edit blog posts which CI will pick up using RSS or hooking into the database.

Then if we migrate to EE 2.0 later we could probably just import the posts. My main concern is having a single sign on (SSO) for all of the different scripts and applications. I also don't want to write a blog from scratch.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience with these topics?

Thanks!

[eluser]MCrittenden[/eluser]
I hate to reply and completely ignore your question, but have you considered using InkType instead of Wordpress? It's really well developed and built upon CI, so it might solve a few of the migration problems you'd have with WP. Again, sorry if you have already considered this and decided against it!

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
mdgross, have your solved that problem, then can you tell how?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB