Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Userguide CHM

[eluser]danspam[/eluser]
Ok, I am not sure why it would work for some and not for others but I have rebuilt the help file using a slightly different method and it resulted in a slightly bigger file, hopefully that will have fixed the problem.

If not, included in the zip file are the HTML Help Workshop files - the project file, content file and index file. Anyone should be able to build a version for themselves with those files. Download and install MS Html Help Workshop and place those project,content and index files in your codeigniter user_guide directory. Open the project file with html workshop and hopefully you should be able to compile the help file. Perhaps someone can try that.

Download Files

P.S. Here is some other information around opening chm files and 404 errors

[eluser]manilodisan[/eluser]
@yash - this is another posting of you with nothing in mind but rudeness. I really feel you're not integrating well...

[eluser]mihkelmi[/eluser]
it's working now but what are the other three files for? needed? I'd like all that in one file like they usually are.

oh, forgot ... good work m8!

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
these 404 errors for chm files are common to lots of chm files, i have on occasions gone to open a .chm file and had the same thing, i had one annoying one that i opened while it was still in a rar file and it worked perfectly but when i extracted it and opened it, it came up with the 404's

i would suggest a .hlp file instead but Vista has no support for that format (unless you download a plugin from MS)

[eluser]danspam[/eluser]
@mihkelmi - The other three files are there if you want to build you own version using HTML helpworkshop. See my earlier post for details.

@ray73864 - Have a read of the information about opening chm files and 404 errors that I put at the end of my previous post. Sounds like it is a permissions issue you are suffering from.

[eluser]mihkelmi[/eluser]
[quote author="danspam" date="1224424787"]@mihkelmi - The other three files are there if you want to build you own version using HTML helpworkshop. See my earlier post for details.

damn, sry, my bad

[eluser]Stefano G[/eluser]
I have to THANKS danspam for both having created the CHM file AND having provided a link with a solution that actuallu WORKS!

Searching around the web I have read posts about registry tweaking (for unlocking), leftright clicking (like a MortalKombat combo! Wink) but the easiest one was as simply as PROPERTIES>UNBLOCK Smile

so THANKS again, I hope this post have the success it deserves (admin: what about a sticky topic???)

Well done!

Thanks

Stefano

[eluser]char101[/eluser]
CI 1.7 User Guide

CodeIgniter-1.7.0.chm.zip (366 KB)

[eluser]Sarfaraz Momin[/eluser]
@char101: what is required for it to work fine. It gives me "Navigation to the webpage was canceled". Can you please help me in getting it working.
By the way good job guys. Everything in this community helps new and old members here.
Thanks.

Have a good day !!!

[eluser]char101[/eluser]
[quote author="Sarfaraz Momin" date="1225056095"]@char101: what is required for it to work fine. It gives me "Navigation to the webpage was canceled". Can you please help me in getting it working.
By the way good job guys. Everything in this community helps new and old members here.
Thanks.

Have a good day !!![/quote]

Hi, these are some solutions that I know

If...
1. when you're opening the chm, there appear a confirmation dialog box asking if you sure to open the file, uncheck the "ask this question next time (or something like that)" (this is what happened when I download the file, and unchecking the option solved the problem for me)
2. you're opening the file from a network drive, then copy the file to a local drive
3. there is an unblock option in the file properties, then check the option

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB