Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
RE: Order Form...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi. I'm working on a custom order form for my server and am running into a snag. I have it all in my head, but no clue how to put it into code:

I want to collect the client's contact information, then, once they hit Verify, it takes them to the next screen where they verify that everything they have input for the first screen is correct. Then, I wish to have an edit button which will take them back to the first screen, if they made a mistake, a next button for stage 2 of the ordering process and a cancel button which will wipe all data about them and take them back to the main page of the server.

How would one go about the "Edit" and "Cancel" buttons... Doing a next page is easy, just pull up a new view. The "Edit" button should be easy. Just point it back to index.php, right? Or is there somethign even simpler that I'm missing...?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Hey wolverine. I've moved this to the "code and application development", where I think you'll get a bit more attention.

Start by reading the chapters on input and the form helper to see how to build a form and collect user information. Also you probably want to read validation.

Start by getting a single form page and collect a single form field and move up from there. Good luck.

[eluser]manilodisan[/eluser]
I would have a mysql table to keep various data based on session Id's. Serialized would do ok and, no matter what's the action pull and update from that db table.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB