Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Odd error

[eluser]MABUS[/eluser]
I got this error "MySQL server has gone away". any idea what might have caused this? is this code igniter related ?

[eluser]bigtimslim[/eluser]
Maybe this will help you:

MySQL server has gone away

[eluser]dbashyal[/eluser]
having same issue. As i have a 1.5MB CSV to upload but have lots of lines. By the time it reads CSV, the connection is lost 'may be' so tried to use reconnect function but got the error.

I even tried to load database again.

Code:
//manually loading and reconnecting database again, it was disconnected for large CSV file.
$this->load->database();
$this->db->reconnect();

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: reconnect()

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
The reconnect is a MySQL server command you enter it in the mySQL config file.

Enjoy
InsiteFX

[eluser]dbashyal[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1253344880"]The reconnect is a MySQL server command you enter it in the mySQL config file.

Enjoy
InsiteFX[/quote]

sorry, not sure what you mean?

saw this here:
Quote:http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...cting.html

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
This could be caused by some very large posts. You will need to increase your limits in my.ini, usually max_allowed_packet.

Enjoy
InsiteFX

[eluser]TheoR74[/eluser]
[quote author="dbashyal" date="1253337678"]having same issue. As i have a 1.5MB CSV to upload but have lots of lines. By the time it reads CSV, the connection is lost 'may be' so tried to use reconnect function but got the error.

I even tried to load database again.

Code:
//manually loading and reconnecting database again, it was disconnected for large CSV file.
$this->load->database();
$this->db->reconnect();

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: reconnect()
[/quote]

I had this same problem. I was on version 1.7.0. I downloaded 1.7.2 and noticed that it had the reconnect() function in it. After upgrading to 1.7.2, this worked fine for me.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB