Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sphider for codeigniter

[eluser]karel-jan[/eluser]
Hello,

I need some good search engine for my project. I've found sphider (http://www.sphider.eu) on the web and I find it a good tool. But it's not written with classes and is therefor hard to integrate into CI.

Has anyone an altered version of sphider for CI or some example code on how to call the functions from within CI, so I can use sphider?

Thanks for the help,
Karle-Jan

[eluser]dioslaska[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm working on a CI version of Sphider. So far indexing is working from admin & command line as well, now I'm working on the search. Maybe I could post a first working version in 1-2 weeks.

Istvan

Hey Istvan,

That would be nice. Sphider is a nice tool but it need some class structure. So if you have a working version I would love to see it. And if I find the time I shall correct or add some features if needed.

gr,
Karel-Jan

Hey Istvan,

have you made some results? I'm realy looking forward to a good bridge between sphider and codeigniter.
And I'm willing to help if needed. Bu than we need some sources.

Thanx,
Karel-Jan

[eluser]dioslaska[/eluser]
Unfortunatly we stopped for a while with the search engine in our website project.

But so far I created the Indexing and search libraries, which seems to work. You can also run the indexing from command line using cron.php

In the attachment you can find a mostly working example. Very likely it still contains bugs.

[eluser]skattabrain[/eluser]
dioslaska - this was a while ago, but i'm messing with your port now. however, i get strange results. for example, my results say "Displaying results 1 - 10 of 55 Matches (0.04)"

however, the actual result will show like 3 links, other searches 6 ... and so on.

It's not a view issue, a dump of $qry_results shows that while it says 1 - 10 of 55, it only will have 3 items in it's array

frustrated... if you ran into this, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

[eluser]skattabrain[/eluser]
sorry, my bad ... I think I hosed the tables in my shifting between your code and the native sphier files. purged the tables, re-indexed ... works great!

Thanks for this dioslaska ... this is a great start!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB