Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Fresh Powered - Auth Library

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
Introduction to Fresh
Fresh is a Content Management System I am building with CodeIgniter. Fresh will be a commercial product. However, I am releasing all of the libraries and other such code I have made for Fresh to the community.

The Auth Library
The Auth library provides a simple means of verifying user accounts and giving them access to a website. The library supports user logins as well as restricting access to specific controllers. For a more comprehensive overview, please see the documentation and click on the Authentication library overview.

About this thread
This thread is here for support and comments on the Auth library. It will also serve as a way for me to announce new releases and bug fixes.

About me
My name is Adam Griffiths, a 16 year old PHP/CI Developer based in Shrewsbury, UK. I have been developing website for a number of years and continue to do so in my spare time. I love releasing code to the community and hope you decide to use my work.

Side Note: I have made 3 threads on the forum because I have released 3 new libraries. Each thread will serve as a dedicated thread to each library, since it will be much easier keeping track of bugs that need to be fixed in a different thread.

The Auth library now has a register function. This makes the library and much more viable option for developers because now the whole user authentication is covered.

Next feature to be added will be a remember me feature. This should come in the next week or so.

Link to the documentation is in my signature.

[eluser]tdktank59[/eluser]
might i suggest email verification?

if you interested in it ill be updating the library to have this as well as a holding table for unverified users

This is a good idea, I'd like to see the changes you make. I'm thinking of updating it with a config variable to turn email verification off.

Thanks

Theres a few things that im going to modify.

One making it run off of the form validation class instead of having lots of if else statements...

[quote author="tdktank59" date="1225777693"]Theres a few things that im going to modify.

One making it run off of the form validation class instead of having lots of if else statements...[/quote]

The only reason it doesn't run off the form validation class is because I wanted it to be accessible to those who may be on an older version of CI. Everything else I have coded with 1.7, uses the form validation class. Tongue

LOL hmmm maybe there's a way to setup the library to load the other if the other dosnt exist

It's a thought at least

So those on 1.7 can take advantage of the cleanliness factor

Anyways I'll be changing it to run off the form valdation and I'm going to move a bit more stuff to the confit such as min and max lengths... Invalid username/emails and so on

I have released an updated version of the Auth library. The min and max lengths for the username and password are now in the config file. It's a small update for now as I am strapped for time. Smile

[eluser]Edmundas KondraĊĦovas[/eluser]
I am little bit confused here. Did I miss something? I mean, is there an actual download link anywhere? The only thing that I was able to found was the docs for auth library, but not the code itself.

you need to download the zip in the installation part of the doc

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB