Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Not just another template system (with screencast)

[eluser]philpalmieri[/eluser]
Hi,

Yeah - the last version has some issues, it was my first release. Below is a link to V1 (working on documentation/instructions) but its pretty much the same with a bit better performance, and more option (like auto-detect ajax to render partials).

Take a look, i'm working on cleanup though - but I use it on several site and seems to be good so far.

download p12_template_v1.zip - it's backwards compatible, so you should be able to just overwrite the config/library.

Phil

[eluser]philpalmieri[/eluser]
Made a few changes in the library, so it no longer produces warnings when reporting is turned up to level 1

http://www.philpalmieri.com/drop/template.zip

[eluser]coffak[/eluser]
Hi Phil,

Is this template view library working alright in CodeIgniter 2.0? I am learning from the video in http://vimeo.com/2170796 and I am trying to use it step by step, but I can't load the viewtest.php inside the viewtest folder. How its loaded automatically instead of the default file in the templates folder?. I am doing exactly what you do, but I am getting the default content file loaded.

Any help will be appreciated as well as your template.

[eluser]gowrav vishwakarma[/eluser]
How about using Joomla as your template system and other authentication system and all.. and thats all even seamless
USE CI for Joomla Development

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
[quote author="gowrav vishwakarma" date="1302431608"]How about using Joomla as your template system and other authentication system and all[/quote]

Joomla as a PHP framework, is great. It's easy to use, its rich and its have a great community.

But the idea, to set CodeIgniter with another PHP Framework (Joomla for example), either as a complement or (even worst) as subordinate, is breaking the assumptions that basing our decision to choose CI as a framework. In other word, "why you using CI, then like philpalmieri did, working for several week to create templating library when Joomla can do template system, authentification and ALL stuff you need??"

I prefer to think like this. Joomla is 'Joomla', Zend is 'Zend', Kohana is 'Kohana', Yii is 'Yii' and CI is 'CI'. They are different stuff, and you pick one of them because different needs. Smile

@philpalmieri, good template system!

I agree.. but What I see is joomla is joomla, Ci is Ci ....... and why not take advantage of all..
simply I like development in CI (or anybody using CI rarely can go for other framework) but as CMS joomla always attracted me.. but as a developer I always wanted to make changes in their existing components.. now with xCIDeveloper I can make any kind of component my way.. and and rest is joomla..

[quote author="toopay" date="1302436821"]
But the idea, to set CodeIgniter with another PHP Framework (Joomla for example), either as a complement or (even worst) as subordinate,[/quote]

Nope.. its a seamless integration. you can use joomla framework or CI anytime any where .. I have seen a lot of persons doing CURL with Jumi to get their CI development skill used in joomla.. at least its better for them ... Wink

[quote author="toopay" date="1302436821"]They are different stuff, and you pick one of them because different needs. Smile
[/quote]
thats true but no frame work is perfact for all needs thats why they make libraries, plugins, components helpers etc.. I am just developing a simple CI porting to joomla development..

[eluser]coffak[/eluser]
Well I can't use joomla because of some restrictions from the project... Later I will take a look at joomla to see what is all about.

I made Phil's templates to work by editing the .htaccess file in the root folder. I add some code to the file but I don't have much time to understand why it was not working, I will do that later also. This is the code that I added to the file:

Code:
# RewriteCond %RewriteEngine On
# RewriteRule ^link([^/]*).html$ rewrite.php?link=$1 [L]
# Customized error messages.
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php

# Set the default handler.
DirectoryIndex index.php

# Various rewrite rules.
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d