Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
YAAS :: Yet Another Authentication System :: 0.0.1

[eluser]tdktank59[/eluser]
Alright just wrapping up a few things should have a working beta sometime today.

Just working out a few kinks and should be good.

This release is in no way the final product its 2 days of work so don't judge it too harshly...

This is also my first real thing ive done with CI...

[eluser]onblur[/eluser]
Hey tdktank59,

I'm keeping an eye on this project - concept sounds like a winner to me and interested to see how it progresses.

I have hit a small fork in the road...

I have decided to change my first method to how to make this work...

Mostly the whole fact that right now it is running all from a controller. I want to move this to run off a library instead however it requires me to move the stuff...

So I think in order to make this more of a "modular" type of auth system im going to separate some of the parts.

With that being said I will release these parts as I finish them to my standards... However since they should all be able to be standalone libraries this should not be a problem.

Sorry for the delay... I had just started coding when I first posted this to get some input and it seems there's some who would like to be using this!

I hope to have a few working libraries done by this weekend. However school and work come first this is just a hobby!

[eluser]bugboy[/eluser]
yo this seems really interesting. I was wondering was this built with CI 1.7 in mind or built earlier and realise on the the hooks to the old lib and helpers?

Also is this auth system based on fresh auth as i saw you posting in that thread?

Cheers

Yes and no, Its going to be library based but other than that not at all.

Yes it is being developed for CI 1.7 with php5 as its main point. However it should also work on php4 which ill need someone to test for me most likely.

I am still working on this and I hope to have a early release out within the next few days (I dont have work or school after today for a few days lol).

[eluser]bugboy[/eluser]
very cool.

I'm going to have a play with this and see what happens.

Cheers

(edit) i did mean when its released ha ha ha

I figured lol Otherwise what would there be to play with? hopes and dreams?

Sorry this is taking so long... Its coming to the end of the school year and essays and what not are piling up.

Ill release an early release to show that there is something happening and you guys can start developing with it. You can probably expect this to be posted within this week.

First release is at http://svn.assembla.com/svn/yaas

This is just the code, I will be including the database when I get a chance...

Just include the library in the auto load or where you would like it to be.

Alright basically all that it will do right now is authenticate the login, Registration is still not done however everything is running off the config.

Basically the library does the checking and setups the proper session and assigns the values to it etc...

so all you do is setup the form do your checks and what not, pass it over to the library function to be authenticated and checked against the DB

There are basic checks such as username + password = TRUE etc... otherwise everything else is left to the user making this a extensible library. More will come but I wanted to get this out to show some progress...

I will be more fully documenting this down the road as well as adding more features, as well as a demo with forms and everything that should work out of the box!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB