Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Use codeigniter with another CMS

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
The real power of Joomla belongs here: http://extensions.joomla.org/
And for your question about paypal: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/o.../cat_id,0/

As you can see, there are much options avaible.

About converting frog to a CI frog would be an interesting project, or more simply without talking about Frog CMS: forming a team to build THE CI CMS.

I have already one person with me to start building a CMS, but I think it's the kind of project that requires at least 3 serious, motivated and experienced CI coders, so currently I am looking for one more coder to join our small team. If somebody want to join such a project, please PM me.

[eluser]Khoa[/eluser]
Thanks Too Pixel. Joomla does look like a very promising option. I think I will try to spend this weekend on it and see how easy is it to build a site and install the plugins.

I agree with building a new CI CMS rather than trying to "convert" an existing one. But for sure, we can learn from their features and improve them.

I'm really interested into this, but again, as you know I don't have much time to be spent on it, plus I just had 1 site developed in CI so far (not launched yet) so I don't know if I join, I can meet the criteria of a "serious, motivated and experienced CI coders" :-P. I will learn on the way while developing the CMS if you are ok with it :-)

And if you don't mind, may I ask how about the time frame, do you have any particular complete date that you like to reach? And what happens to it after it is completed? Make it open source?

You said that you already have m4rw3r, so did you and m4rw3r start it or still waiting for one more to come?

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
it took me less than a day to come up with my own CMS that has page management capabilities, it isn't difficult to do and if you note down on paper how you want the system to work, such as what happens when a user visits the home page and subsequent pages, etc... then you will be all set for coding.

[eluser]Khoa[/eluser]
I think how long it takes to develop a CMS all depends on what features do you want it to have? If you're talking about a system where user can log in, edit page heading & body only and create a nav, nothing else. Then I think it can be done very quickly.

I'm building a CMS at the moment at my work, the CMS has been using for years and now we're building a version 2 of it with more features and it is still going and going and going... because the feature list never stops increasing!

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Quote:You said that you already have m4rw3r, so did you and m4rw3r start it or still waiting for one more to come?

At this stage we have a killer Access library 30% done and we are currently still defining the specs of the CMS, so the development isn't really advanced as you can see.

We will form our team with only experienced CI people, sorry for CI n00bs, even if you are good at PHP we will require a high level of experience on CI, because we want the CMS to succeed and have a high level of code quality and concepts. We also think that hiring well known community people will help our project not to fail in the middle like many projects of this kind that has been announced on the forums.

I also want to be clear and honest from the start: we have considered the possibility that the CMS will be sold and not available for free (it will be open source, but may not be free). We have considered this point but didn't decided yet what we will do exactly.

[eluser]Khoa[/eluser]
Fair enough. So...I'm out then :-P

Or maybe after I develop a few more sites, I will come back to you if you still need a person then :-)

Good luck to it.

Khoa

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB