Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Would you like to...

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
... have a job board website dedicated to CodeIgniter only?

I ask this question to test the reactions of the community about an idea I had from a long time but that I didn't started to build yet.

Would it be interesting for some of you to have a full featured Job Board dedicated to CodeIgniter development? Something like Authentic jobs with the same kind of features, but really and only serving CodeIgniter job providers and freelancers.

What would be the pros and cons according to you?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
The con is that a company or individual looking for a CodeIgniter programmer is probably going to hit these forums first. This is where the users are, so this would be the best way to reach CI programmers. The challenge is offering and selling potential job posters on the added value of using your job site over these forums. Not an impossible hurdle, but I think that's where your focus should be.

[eluser]Mike Ryan[/eluser]
It sounds like a good idea, but I wonder if CI is popular enough to support such a site. Like Colin says, most people looking for CI experience would check these forums first. And looking at the Job Postings board, I wonder if there are enough serious, professional job offers/seekers to make it a worthwhile project.

In time, as CI attains its rightful place as king of the PHP frameworks, hopefully this will change!

Seems not everybody use CI forums:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cod...&aq=f&oq;=

[eluser]Mike Ryan[/eluser]
Sure, not everybody, but most people who know about CI would also know about the forums, and until your site became known as "the" place to go for CI jobs, they would probably post here first.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea or that you shouldn't do it, just that you shouldn't expect the site to be hugely popular because there just doesn't seem to be a market out there for it - yet. One of those results backs up this idea:

17 matching jobs for CodeIgniter in the last three months, and 11 this time last year. Google AdWords shows an average of 16 queries/month for "codeigniter jobs" - based on these numbers, it might take a while for the site to get to critical mass.

Once there are enough users to support such a site I think it could be a great idea, especially if you include something similar to eLance so freelancers can work on projects too.

Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it!

Mike Ryan, good analyse here. I have also thought about the points you are talking about. In fact my goal isn't to make big money with this kind of website.

First of all, it was in order to make something useful for CI people.
Then as some of you guessed, we can't ask for money for job providers. Why would they pay for such a service when they can use the free CI forum job board section? So if I decided to make somebody pay, who would it be? Freelancers themselves? Sponsoring by ads banners? (Without trafic it will be hard)

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
To get some decent traffic I think you need to broaden your vision, but find a niche and then market your site vigorously. Maybe there is room for another jobs site that is better at specifically classifying jobs. Maybe a site where job seekers are prescreened by you - companies would pay well for that service.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB