Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I have one issue...could be .htaccess problem?

[eluser]stdio[/eluser]
Hello,

A friend of mine installed codeigniter on my website (www.smsup.net). It used to work perfectly until I had to move my website to another host. Now, all the links are taking me to the main website. Could this be a .htaccess problem? Any ideas how can I fix it?

Thank you!

[eluser]Steve Grant[/eluser]
Check config.php - the base URL is probably still set to the old address.

[eluser]stdio[/eluser]
The base URL is fine. When I access the links like www.smsup.net/index.php/news it works perfectly, but www.smsup.net/news does not. It used to work like that too. Any ideas how can I fix this? I believe it has to do with .htaccess...

Thank you!

[eluser]stdio[/eluser]
Any ideas please?

[eluser]drewbee[/eluser]
and By the links are all taking you to the main website, is that the case, or do you just mean the default controller is displaying?

I had this same thing happen to me. 10 bucks sais the new host doesn't support the URI Protocal setting. Try something different then AUTO. I think PATH_INFO was what worked for me.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I like codeigniter, I have played with it yesterday and I was able to get data from a model into a view, pretty cooL!

But what I did not like is that there is a bug in the documentation about the .htaccess setting. In the rule it said to redirect to /index.php
Wich ofcource is incorrect because that would lead to the root of the root...

I send a twitter message to @codeigniter about this, but no feedback yet

Luckyly I found this post http://opinionatedcoder.wordpress.com/co...ial-series
wich helped me to fix also other issues.

I think the .htaccess is a important part of this framework, so I would update the documentation, and not let the forum be flooded with people that have problems not getting their SEO friendly websites being set.

\/Bart

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB