Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New LDAP Library!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[SPANISH] - [ENGLISH down]
hola!
quiero hacer unas implementaciones de LDAP con Codeigniter, he buscado en la internet algun plugins o libreria que haga el trabajo, y solo he encontrado este post, pero los link no me funcionan, alguien puede darme una idea al respecto!

[ENGLISH]
hi!
I have some implementations of LDAP Codeigniter, I searched the internet in any library or plugins to do the job, and I just found this post, but the link does not work for me, someone can give me an idea about it!

[eluser]Brad Morse[/eluser]
Does this class support single sign on?

I am looking to use this class for logging people in w/o knowing they logged, w/ Firefox & IE passing their Active Directory credentials

[eluser]jtrainaldi[/eluser]
Has anyone else had any luck with LDAP in codeigniter? I have gotten adLdap to work successfully in non-codeigniter projects but I am gearing towards this framework and have been unable to get anything working.

~jr

[eluser]Fero[/eluser]
Where can i find links for this library?

[eluser]jcavard[/eluser]
I was able to get this lib working just fine in CI.

download at http://www.gandylabs.com/ci/ldap

EDIT: Apparently, the link was removed for a good reason (licensing). However, I will leave the link in this post as a simple google search will bring it up the link.

[eluser]lancealtar[/eluser]
Hi Scott,

I'd love to help get something put together for an adLDAP CI library. I've messed a little with version 3.3.1 and have been able to successfully authenticate. I do run into troubles when running the group_info function. (CI throws warnings about undefined indexes.) What would be the appropriate process to get an official CI library class setup?

-Lance

[quote author="Wiggum" date="1244088146"]On reflection I hope the licencing problem is just a misunderstanding.

adLDAP is licenced under the LGPL, anyone is welcome to redistribute it. The LGPL is really a licenced designed to actively encourage derivative works, but all derivatives are still LGPL.

Please note that it's also perfectly healthy within the LGPL for anyone to modify adLDAP and keep their changes internally, you don't have to distribute them.

If anyone (including the original author) is interested in this work and is happy to make it available for code igniter developers with the licence restored, we'd really be keen to see this happen. We'd probably even be happy to host it as part of adLDAP on sourceforge if you're interested in joining the project Smile

Cheers, Scott.[/quote]

[eluser]Dan Horrigan[/eluser]
I have ported adLDAP into a CI library (and kept all the original licenses in place :-), just added @modified tags where I made changes. I have put a bog post up on my site on how to use it:

http://dhorrigan.com/2010/04/ldap-librar...deigniter/

Dan

[eluser]lancealtar[/eluser]
Looks good, Dan, and thanks! I had a question about throwing exceptions. Should this class be using the native PHP exception extension or, to be more CI compliant, should it use CI's show_error() in it's place?

[quote author="Dan Horrigan" date="1271883230"]I have ported adLDAP into a CI library (and kept all the original licenses in place :-), just added @modified tags where I made changes. I have put a bog post up on my site on how to use it:

http://dhorrigan.com/2010/04/ldap-librar...deigniter/

Dan[/quote]

[eluser]Dan Horrigan[/eluser]
Very valid point. adLDAP actaually throws its own exceptions (adLDAPException). It is a simple extension of the Exception class. A added a construct to it and added a show_error to it. So now if there is an exception it will display the error using CI's error function.

I have also moved the code over to GitHub and pushed this change: http://github.com/dhorrigan/codeigniter-adldap

Dan

[eluser]Addow[/eluser]
Dan, thanks for the port... I just started porting my own version when I realized I did not search on the ignited forum Wink Great work!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB