Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Run multiple websites

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello all,
What is the best way to run multiple website under CodeIgniter?
Better to duplicate all the folder of CI for each websites, or is it possible with just one folder of CI to run multiple website ?

Thx

[eluser]Velin[/eluser]
Hi krifur,

I suppose it's very circumstantial. If you always deploy applications on the same server, I suppose you could share the CI system folder between your applications. This could cause you some grief if you update the CI components and somehow manage to break functionality on one of the sites without noticing.

I like having a personal CI basic setup, or template if you wish.
This contains all my basic functionality, custom and modified helpers and libraries plus a lightweight CMS based on Elliot Haughin's excellent screencasts.
I keep my template updated with a basic SQL dump, so I can quickly set up a new site by simply dropping my template folder into a web dir and change the db connection config. - I have made all other config options relative and automated.

This makes each site independent and easy to manage, with less risk of blowing something up unintentionally.
It may not be a pretty solution, having duplicated system files for every site, but I think it's the least complex way to back up, mirror and host your CI applications.

Good luck Smile

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thx Velin, i take note of that, and i bookmark the site you gave me too!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB