Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Delete Core Libraries

[eluser]wiZe[/eluser]
Hey,

i thought about deleting those core libraries i'll defenitly not use in a entire project to reduce the amount of files and prevent uploading useless classes. what about the integration of the libraries like "languages"? will CI give me any error on that? or is it a stupid idea to delete libraries?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
The framework is not that heavy so a few files more than you need is not that big of a deal. Most times images and/or documents require more space.

There are a few libraries that are weaven into the frontcontroller, codeigniter/codeiginter.php, so if you want to remove those libraries you have to change that file to make sure no errors occur. But there you should check the output library too because for one benchmark library functionality is weaven in one of its methods.

The libraries that aren't in the frontcontroller file can be removed without creating errors. Until 1.7 all helpers were optional but in 1.7 the form validation library requires the form helper.

[eluser]narkaT[/eluser]
[quote author="wiZe" date="1227038941"]or is it a stupid idea to delete libraries?[/quote]

yes Smile

The libraries are only loaded when needed by CI so leaving the files where they belong
won't impact performance.
and if you want to extend a project you may my find yourself trying to use a library which
for mysterious reasons can't be loaded Wink

deleting libraries that are currently not in use only complicates the further development
of the application.

[eluser]wiZe[/eluser]
yes guess thats right Wink thanks for the replies!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB