Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
.htaccess file tempering on server

[eluser]bigdaddysheikh[/eluser]
Hey guys,

This is not so much a code question but rather a question to help me understand how a file could change. I am using the .htaccess file to get rid of the "index.php" but with in the past 2 weeks the file has changed, without my intervention. The file has been completely empty, erased of the .htaccess code. Now in turn, this disables all the other pages.

I have contacted my hosting but am confused as in how this could happen. No one else knows my ftp information and the only file changes is the .htaccess.

I am baffled as to how could this happen.

Thanks in advance guys.

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
[quote author="bigdaddysheikh" date="1227250598"]Hey guys,

This is not so much a code question but rather a question to help me understand how a file could change. I am using the .htaccess file to get rid of the "index.php" but with in the past 2 weeks the file has changed, without my intervention. The file has been completely empty, erased of the .htaccess code. Now in turn, this disables all the other pages.

I have contacted my hosting but am confused as in how this could happen. No one else knows my ftp information and the only file changes is the .htaccess.

I am baffled as to how could this happen.

Thanks in advance guys.[/quote]

Hello.
I think you could take a look into the logs.
The other main reason is that you your empty it yourself, while "working" with other site.
just a mistake for example. It *may* happen if you are tired or working 20+ hours non stop Smile

I would also check for other file modifications, in case you are hacked or smth.

just my 2cents

cheers,
Jaroslav

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB