Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter "cant be found" on server

[eluser]Fabdrol[/eluser]
Hi All,

I've got this very unusual problem. I uploaded my latest project to my clients web hosting, using Coda. (Coda is a great OS X web dev IDE) Problem with Coda is, it doesn't fix permissions for the web, so the files get uploaded without permissons at all. It resulted in Safari not loading the CSS and javascript files.

So, I fixed it by uploading the scripts and stylesheets using Cyberduck, a ftp client for mac. Now, the JS and CSS files workt. But, now just the index.php page workt! when I follow a link, and the address changes from http://www.stefanieklein.nl/ to http://wwww.stefanieklein.nl/index.php/w...e40424bb1e (or similar) it didn't work.

so, I figured there would be something wrong with the permissions of some files, so I deleted all files on the remote server and uploaded all files using Cyberduck.. but now, non of my pages can be found! I think it has something to do with the host, but I can't find anything of how this should be done!

here's the uri: www.stefanieklein.nl

thanks in advance,

Fabian

[eluser]bapobap[/eluser]
I'm having the same problem with a new client's host, files seem to get uploaded with either weird or no permissions at all, so random things can't be loaded by the browser. I'm using Transmit, which is by Panic as well but I've never had this problem before and I haven't upgraded Transmit in a long time.

I'm guessing it's something configured incorrectly in the hosting environment. I haven't looked into how I can fix it, if I even can but at least you know you are not alone with this problem! Hopefully it can be solved as setting file perms manually is annoying.

[eluser]Fabdrol[/eluser]
Hi Bapobap!

I've been "hacking around" in the file permissions, resulting in one unusable web space (the client's got two, seperate domains, on the same server) and one working half (only the index page).

Status: I tried uploading using Coda (transmit engine), Transmit itself, Cyberduck and command line ftp.. no luck so far.
Hope somebody has already solved the problem.. damn host..

[eluser]Fabdrol[/eluser]
Another update:
I tested if the problem had to do with the uri_protocol, which is not the case. None of the different protocols works.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB