Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
what is Codeigniter and Symfony difference

[eluser]elfkid[/eluser]
what is Codeigniter and Symfony difference

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Search the forums, search the web. This has already been discussed.

[eluser]drewbee[/eluser]
Your answer is 3.13534579 × 10^14

How did I arrive at this conclusion? Well, you see, the alphabet has a numerical index. If you take the difference : codeigniter (315459714920518) - symfony (1925136151425) you arrive at the answer given.

[eluser]manilodisan[/eluser]
Another combat post. Sick of them...

[eluser]elfkid[/eluser]
You misunderstood my meaning

I was about to start learning MVC
I just look at the difference between the two

[quote author="manilodisan" date="1227764779"]Another combat post. Sick of them...[/quote]

[eluser]elfkid[/eluser]
What do you mean?

[quote author="drewbee" date="1227743936"]Your answer is 3.13534579 × 10^14

How did I arrive at this conclusion? Well, you see, the alphabet has a numerical index. If you take the difference : codeigniter (315459714920518) - symfony (1925136151425) you arrive at the answer given.[/quote]

[eluser]EEssam[/eluser]
CodeIgniter is better from our point of view, that's why we are here Smile

[eluser]outrage[/eluser]
I'm not going to state the differences, that's a job for you to look at each framework and see for yourself.

What I will say is that if you need to get working on a project and earn money from your work pretty quickly, Codeigniter will allow you do that with a very easy learning curve.

On the other hand, if you have heaps of time on your hands and can afford the time investment to learn Symfony, give it a try.

In my opinion:

Codeigniter = fast, flexible and easy to learn.
Symfony = slower, less flexible (more convention following) and takes much longer to get to grips with.

If I had the time, I'd like to learn Symfony... or Zend for that matter, but I need to earn a living and Codeigniter just lets me get on with it.

[eluser]elfkid[/eluser]
Your answer is what I need to answer
Thanks

[quote author="outrage" date="1227791552"]I'm not going to state the differences, that's a job for you to look at each framework and see for yourself.

What I will say is that if you need to get working on a project and earn money from your work pretty quickly, Codeigniter will allow you do that with a very easy learning curve.

On the other hand, if you have heaps of time on your hands and can afford the time investment to learn Symfony, give it a try.

In my opinion:

Codeigniter = fast, flexible and easy to learn.
Symfony = slower, less flexible (more convention following) and takes much longer to get to grips with.

If I had the time, I'd like to learn Symfony... or Zend for that matter, but I need to earn a living and Codeigniter just lets me get on with it.[/quote]

[eluser]featureBlend[/eluser]
@elfkid: You should research the topic extensively to find a a framework thats suitable for you. Symfony is AWESOME but if you don't want to learn and write command line syntax like:

Code:
$ php symfony configure:database mysql://root:pa$$word@localhost/symfony_project

OR

Code:
$ php symfony propel:generate-crud --non-verbose-templates --with-show frontend post BlogPost

then stick to Code igniter. Some other frameworks can be found here: http:blogspot.fluidnewmedia.com and ALSO read this post: "The No Framework PHP MVC Framework" by Lerdorf: http://toys.lerdorf.com/archives/38-The-...ework.html

GL!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB