Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DROP a custom CMS into the mix..

[eluser]featureBlend[/eluser]
Hi All,

Just wanted to get everyones opinion on something. I am new to CI, however i am picking up slowly but steadily.
Quote:Patience be the key
. After reading and understanding the basics of MVC, I have just fell i love with the logical nature that it adheres to.

What i want to be able to achieve ohh lets say a year down the road would be to be able to drop a custom CMS into my applications/websites.

Has anyone achieved this with CodeIgniter, or another PHP framework? I'm sure this is possible for the gurus out there , or even anyone with the drive to work towards it. I'm just curious to know if anyone has achieved that level of customization yet?

Some [might] be asking: "Well i can use modx, joomla, wp, textpattern etc for this." Why reinvent the wheel? Well some of us like to get our hands dirty, and also its good knowledge to know what a framework is capable of.

Ive talked to many people about this. Most of them have said yeah i have checked out CI, Cake, Symfony etc etc. Now i'm working with ZEND (and soon you might just move on from that) ;-). In my limited knowledge i know that once you pick up a framework go all the way with it. The key concepts are the same pretty much throughout with different syntax. Of course the people I talked to probably didn't analyze what they REALLY wanted to achieve with one particular framework.

The world of PHP is awesome, but time is also money and business is ROI (return on those investments | time and money) Tongue

Thanks for reading..

[eluser]featureBlend[/eluser]
***SOME INFO I FOUND***

with a bit of research i have come up with this: Code Extinguisher, and CI CMS for open projects. Would be great if there was a plugin of some sort, and i know some individuals have a custom WYSIWYG Inline editor so clients can change there text in a view...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB