Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI and Facebook Connect

[eluser]Fenix[/eluser]
Has anybody began working with Facebook Connect in their CI apps? I'm planning to give it a try and was wondering if anybody else has tried. It would be perfect to require nothing more than a user to login with an already existing Facebook account. Especially if your target market is sure to have profiles... leave the registration and login for Facebook to take care of right?

Anyways, just wondering what others' thoughts are.

Here is the link to the official Facebook Connect developer wiki:
http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/inde...ok_Connect

[eluser]Ainab[/eluser]
"leave the registration and login for Facebook to take care of right?"

definitely right.
I am adding facebook connect functionality to my CI application. I will create a CI library and will post to the wiki.

[eluser]missionsix[/eluser]
Just a thought, but...

I would not restrict a website to a facebook connect only login. Facebook is very rich in personal information, and although it allows you to manage what content an external site may see, they will still be able to see some information. Also, facebook will have that information about what sites you login to... kind of scary.

So, add facebook connect as an alternative login, and not the primary login type.

I have an Auth library i'm working on (Mauth) which will have an optional Facebook Connect login. I need to refactor the code before its released though. Keep your eyes peeled!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
has anyone succeeded integrating Facebook Connect to their CI application? anyone willing to share the code / release a library?
Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB