Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
upgrade CodeIgniter_1.6.1 to CodeIgniter_1.7.0

[eluser]nuttynibbles[/eluser]
hi, i have been developing in CodeIgniter_1.6.1.

here is what my directory looks like:

Code:
/home/domainname/public_html

/project
application
index.php
   config
   controllers
   errors
   helpers
   hooks
   language
   libraries
   models
   uploads
   views

/CodeIgniter_1.6.1
  system
    application
    cache
    codeigniter
    database
    fonts
    helpers
    language
    libraries
    logs
    plugins
    scaffolding
  user_guide
  index.php

/CodeIgniter_1.7.0
  system
    application
    cache
    codeigniter
    database
    fonts
    helpers
    language
    libraries
    logs
    plugins
    scaffolding
  user_guide
  index.php

so what i actually did was, in project/index.php, i point $system_folder to "/home/domainname/public_html/CodeIgniter_1.6.1/system";

and now i wanna upgrade to version 1.7.0, i changed the directory to $system_folder = "/home/domainname/public_html/CodeIgniter_1.7.0/system"; I thought this would be easier but it gave me errors:
Code:
Warning: require(application/config/constants.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domainname/public_html/CodeIgniter_1.7.0/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php on line 52

Warning: require(application/config/constants.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domainname/public_html/CodeIgniter_1.7.0/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php on line 52

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'application/config/constants.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/domainname/public_html/CodeIgniter_1.7.0/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php on line 52

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
You need to follow the upgrade instructions in the user guide.

The config/constants.php was introduced in 1.6.2 so this error comes from that file not being added. This step is highlighted in the Upgrading from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 instructions.

RTFM! Tongue

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB