Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session Cookie appears to make website unresponsive in firefox

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am currently developing a website for a friend of mine's gaming convention, NerdFest, using codeigniter. I have incorporated the YATS(Yet Another Theme System) layout library and the OBSession session library. So far the only real work has been on allowing a user to login and goto some blank pages representing a future page(members home page...et cetera) and on the forums. Recently my friend purchased his hosting so I went ahead and uploaded what I had. This is when the error made itself known.

What is suppose to happen: Upon entering a valid username and password the controller will send the information to a library that will perform the login...ie creating the session...if a session is created then it will redirect the user to a redirection page letting them know they are logged in, then finally forwards them to the members home page

What happens with my friend...on his home pc...when using firefox: The same as above, except the process will stop before any redirection occurs. When attempting to load any other page on the site either it will try to load for a couple of seconds or it will try to load the page indefinitely and never load. When deleting the session cookie he can browse the site again but is not logged in.

This only happens when he uses firefox on his home computer, any other browser and it works fine...any other computer with any browser including firefox works fine..

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB