Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Customer wants to track page impressions

[eluser]OJ[/eluser]
Guys,
Does anyone know what tools I can use easily track page impressions/page views on Banners Ads that is placed on my site by a customer?
I plan to charge by page impressions and they customer wants to see a convincing statistics.
Can Google Analytics do this? Please I am interested in free tools.

Thanks,
OJ

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
How are you Rotating the images or text links, if you are using php any where to call it from the database, all you will need to do is create a table that collects the statistics you want after it has called an ad.

[eluser]nEJC[/eluser]
May I suggest OpenX?
I'm using it and it works great ...

[eluser]OJ[/eluser]
I am not rotating the images. The customer simply wants click the Ad and it redirects to his website. I can simply code number of views but I am not sure if he is going to be satisfied by it.

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
If your not rotating images you just need to collect data on how many people visit each page, which can be done with google Analytics.

[eluser]OJ[/eluser]
Thanks everyone for your feedback.
Tom, like you suggested, I made a simple implementation that simply tracks the number of clicks and logs all the information I need at the DB. I am also hoping to see Google analytics kick in as well.

I am interested in rotating the images.Didn't even thing about that before. You did ask if I was doing images or text rotation? Could you please give me some tips on how images/text rotation works and which is the optimal solution.
I was thinking of creating like a slide show with each banner having its links such that I can use the same code to track each.

It sounds like a bad idea, I welcome everyone's opinion. I don't want to add too much stress on my site.
Thanks,
OJ

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB