Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3 RC3

Is there anything like release note where we can get every fix and improvement?

regards
CI Lover

In addition to countless documentation improvements, here's a detailed list of the functional changes:

- Formally DEPRECATED 'global_xss_filtering'.
- Made some micro-optimizations.
- Added an $html_escape parameter to form helper set_value() (defaults to TRUE).
- Added CI_Input::$raw_input_stream as a read-only property (cached php://input contents).
- Changed CI_Input::$ip_address to be read-only.
- Allowed database connections to be created prior to controller instantiation.
- Removed 'autoinit' setting for database connections.
- Changed CI_URI to always default to using 'REQUEST_URI' and not to do URL-decoding on the data it has received.
- Changed set_status_header() function to be a dummy one under CLI.
- Added a 'sess_regenerate_destroy' config option.
- Changed time-based locks in session drivers ('redis', 'memcached') to be held for 5 minutes instead of 5 seconds, avoiding race conditions.

And bug fixes:

- Fixed a bug where session IDs were not regenerated (reported via the forums).
- Fixed a possible condition where session GC deletes sessions for another CI application that stores its session files in the same directory ('files' driver).
- Fixed a bug in session_destroy() for 'files' driver where it tried to delete a session that it hasn't yet created.
- Fixed an undefined variable notice in Session redis, memcached drivers when they're unable to obtain a lock.
- Fixed error logging for the session 'redis' driver when doing session_destroy() on a non-existing session.
- Fixed a bug in the Session library where it tried to force session.use_trans_sid to Off, but didn't due to a typo.

- Fixed a logical error in CI_Security::entity_decode() (no details about the effects it has caused).
- Fixed an issue in CI_Security::_remove_evil_attributes() where large inputs were completely invalidated instead of sanitized.

- Fixed a bug where CI_Config returned after loading the first configuration it finds.
- Fixed CI_DB_mssql_result::list_fields().
- Fixed CI_DB_pdo_driver::list_tables() where it always returned all tables with the 'dblib' and 'sqlsrv' drivers.
- Fixed a condition where CI_Email didn't conform to RFC2821 when ran under CLI.
- Fixed error logging in CI_Encryption for "invalid mode" conditions.
- Fixed FCPATH declaration under the condition that it is placed in directory named 'SELF'. *sigh*

We've also enabled unit test builds for PHP7-nightly, which are working fine ... we knew that anyway, just reassuring.
Thumbs Up 

First post since BCIT took over the Codeigniter. I thought Codeigniter wad dead.

This is awesome. I downloaded RC2 two weeks ago, since I decided to stay with Codeigniter instead of learning Laravel.

I am converting 1.7.1 version (built since 2008) to V3.  Lots work, but I can't wait to move on to production with final V3.

Just in case, if someone can't decided between Codeigniter and Laravel, here are my reasons to use CodeIgniter.

1. Learning CodeIgniter is just like learning basic PHP
2. I hate template engine. Why bother to use it when you already have VIEW to get job done.
3. I always construct my own query string or calling stored procedures, which is a better practice to understand how Database works and learn developing your software architect. It's also easier to debug your query syntax. Really. In the real corp world, you don't switch database from MySQL, Oracle or MSSQL.
4. I now can also use Composer to load third-party module.
5. I can easily use Git to do version control and to upload to production with just FTP.
6. Codeigniter runs faster because it doesn't have lots over head.
7. V3 now has better URI routing.

Thanks for now.

Nice Smile can't wait to use stable 3.0 version Smile

Wonderful, can't wait to see the final 3.0 version.
As the link on the Codeigniter official website points to the 3.0 RC3 version, i assume this is a version which is really really close to the final 3.0 one.

Thanks for all your hard work.

I've been working with CI 3 for the last few months, and I can only say that you have done a really great job. For a while we were sure that we would need to look for another platform but thanks to you Codeigniter lives again.
Most things broken in our house was done by nobody, the rest was my fault anyway Huh

(03-12-2015, 03:45 PM)TC2 Wrote: First post since BCIT took over the Codeigniter. I thought Codeigniter wad dead.

This is awesome. I downloaded RC2 two weeks ago, since I decided to stay with Codeigniter instead of learning Laravel.

I am converting 1.7.1 version (built since 2008) to V3.  Lots work, but I can't wait to move on to production with final V3.

Just in case, if someone can't decided between Codeigniter and Laravel, here are my reasons to use CodeIgniter.

1. Learning CodeIgniter is just like learning basic PHP
2. I hate template engine. Why bother to use it when you already have VIEW to get job done.
3. I always construct my own query string or calling stored procedures, which is a better practice to understand how Database works and learn developing your software architect. It's also easier to debug your query syntax. Really. In the real corp world, you don't switch database from MySQL, Oracle or MSSQL.
4. I now can also use Composer to load third-party module.
5. I can easily use Git to do version control and to upload to production with just FTP.
6. Codeigniter runs faster because it doesn't have lots over head.
7. V3 now has better URI routing.

Thanks for now.
Most things broken in our house was done by nobody, the rest was my fault anyway Huh

great news!
can't wait for final release of v3...
Smile

If there are no major changes, then the next update will be the official release.. waiting waiting waiting..
"Who thinks in code"
Perfectly describes who I am
mbparvez.me

the update works like a charm
thx guys for your hard work

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB