Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Open Blog 1.0.0 released

[eluser]ElToro[/eluser]
I couldn't find requirements for the DB anywhere...

Should this this work with PostgresDB?
I didn't manage to install to my dev server, apache + postgres.

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
Sorry, because of the installer, Open Blog currently only supports MySQL database.

Hopefully, this will change in the upcoming releases Smile

[eluser]ElToro[/eluser]
Ok, Should it work, if I hack the installer to work with Postgres?

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
It might work, because I'm using ActiveRecord class, but I can't promise anything since I didn't have time to test it.

If you manage to get it working, please let us know.

[eluser]ElToro[/eluser]
Ok, I managed to get in running. Changed installer and db schema obviously. Few changes to SQL queries into models. Now basic stuff works. Atom feeds is still broken and one admin menu had problems. So OpenBlog is able to run on top of Postgres 8.3.6, no supprice Smile

I try to clean up hacks and figure out those last problems. Let me know if you want those changes.

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
Great that you managed to get it working.

In the next release I'll try to make it fully compatible with CodeIgniter ActiveRecord class so you will be able to use all the databases which ActiveRecord class currently supports - MySQL, MSSQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL and Oracle.

If you can't find ActiveRecord adapter for your database, you can still write your own Tongue

[eluser]kana[/eluser]
thanks for putting this out!

I just ran the installer which reported that it was sucessful, but upon accessing the site I get the erro blow

Does it require PEAR?

thanks

Code:
Warning: require(application/config/constants.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /_WWW/OpenBlog_1.1.0/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php on line 52

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'application/config/constants.php' (include_path='/Users/chris/PEAR:Ê.:/usr/share/pear') in /_WWW/OpenBlog_1.1.0/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php on line 52

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
It does not.

Are you sure you are using the correct index.php file (the application folder path is located there) ?

[eluser]kana[/eluser]
[quote author="Kami_" date="1238406317"]It does not.

Are you sure you are using the correct index.php file (the application folder path is located there) ?[/quote]

Not sure what you mean... the /index.php that is in the root of the site is the one from the zip archive...

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
Do you sure you have a file called constants.php in application/config/ folder ?

If yes, please post content of your index.php file here.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB