Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Open Blog 1.0.0 released

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
Currently, you can't create sub-pages (I don't really see any benefit of having sub-pages).

You could just create another page and put the link to it on the other page which would be the "main page" and the effect would be the same Smile

[eluser]trice22[/eluser]
Looks really great as far as I've seen at a first quick look.
Am I assuming right that it's based on v1.7.0? just asking, since you've had it in the works for quite a while.

Thanks for this contribution!
—trice

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
Yep, it's based on CodeIgniter 1.7.0 (I upgraded from CodeIgniter 1.6.3 before releasing it), but it's using the old validation library.

I didn't migrate to the new form validation library yet, because this would just cause bigger delay for the first release.

New form validation library (among other new features and fixes) will be used in the next release (1.1.0).

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
Today I have released another template for Open Blog named <strong>Emplode</strong>.

Author of this template is <a href="http://arcsin.se/" target="_blank">Arcsin</a> (some of his great templates are already adopted for Open Blog and included in the default installation).

Template can be download from <a href="http://www.open-blog.info/templates/" target="_blank">this</a> page.

To install the template, you need to download the archive from the page above, unpack it and upload it to your blog root folder.

When you are done uploading the files, you need to import the file <strong>install.sql</strong> to your blog database (this will add the necessary line to the templates table so your template will be visible in the dashboard).

<em>Preview of this template is also available in the <a href="http://www.open-blog.info/demo/" target="_blank">demo</a> installation of Open Blog.</em>

Sincerely,
Tomaž

[eluser]richman[/eluser]
Hi,

I installed the blog on my localhost (windows,apache 1.3, php4, mysql 4) and managed to install the blog, but when I try log-in or register it just keeps redirecting in a loop and all I get is a white screen.

I do not know if you have heard about this yet.

Regards

[eluser]Xeoncross[/eluser]
Looks good, is there a way to disable the WYSIWYG editor and place your own? Like a plugin call or something? Also, is the the formatting of the text extendable? The main problem I have with Blog systems is that they all force you to use THEIR markup/editor for the content. (Which usually doesn't work for video objects and code)

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
[quote author="richman" date="1232165343"]Hi,

I installed the blog on my localhost (windows,apache 1.3, php4, mysql 4) and managed to install the blog, but when I try log-in or register it just keeps redirecting in a loop and all I get is a white screen.

I do not know if you have heard about this yet.

Regards[/quote]

Hello.

Sorry, I didn't ran into this problem yet (I believe you have enabled mod_rewrite and .htaccess is where it should be).

Might be a problem with PHP 4 which is deprecated and should be avoided. You should upgrade to PHP 5, but because I'm curious I am going to test it on PHP 4 to see what is causing the problem.

BTW: You said you also run into a loop when you try to register ?

[quote author="Xeoncross" date="1232171995"]Looks good, is there a way to disable the WYSIWYG editor and place your own? Like a plugin call or something? Also, is the the formatting of the text extendable? The main problem I have with Blog systems is that they all force you to use THEIR markup/editor for the content. (Which usually doesn't work for video objects and code)[/quote]

You could override the tinymce_helper.php and then use HTML markup in the posts or use your own WYSIWYG editor, but I don't recommend doing it.

Either way, thanks for your input.

I put this on my to do list and more options will be available in the next release (inserting the video object or code into posts or disabling the WYSIWYG editor).

[eluser]richman[/eluser]
Quote:Hello.

Sorry, I didn’t ran into this problem yet (I believe you have enabled mod_rewrite and .htaccess is where it should be).

Might be a problem with PHP 4 which is deprecated and should be avoided. You should upgrade to PHP 5, but because I’m curious I am going to test it on PHP 4 to see what is causing the problem.

BTW: You said you also run into a loop when you try to register ?

Hi Kami_

Thanks for the reply, I agree regarding php5 but many servers still run php4 and it would be great if it could work on both.

Re the loop, when I login or try to register the auth libary seems to keep redirecting back and forth, I could be wrong here. I actually see the page refresh over and over again.

I don't know if it could also be a windows problem as I did read somwhere windows can have a problem with using -- redirect('page','refresh)--

Rich

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
i agree with you on the PHP4 thing richman, quite a lot of hosting companies still use php4, personally i prefer php5 but then you need to be able to support the lowest common denominator which is php4.

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
My thoughts about PHP 4.

I think it should be abandoned time ago, because it's old and deprecated (hell, it's more then 8 years old and PHP 5 is already out for a few years).

If your hosting company still didn't update to PHP 4, I wouldn't trust them anymore and switch to another hosting company.

And now back to the problem Smile

You probably got it correctly and Access library is causing the problem.

My guess is, it has something to do with the session (it looks like the session variable storing your user level is not being set or for some kind of strange reason, storing the wrong value - variable should contain value "user" or "administrator").

Have you tried to delete your session cookie ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB