Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Any Cold Fusion Users in here?

[eluser]drewbee[/eluser]
Hey all,

I just recently accepted a job offer for a Cold Fusion developer job. I have some experience with it and as well, the position I am going into is a junior position (which is where it should be).

Has anyone out their used the Cold Box framework (its what this job uses)? I am already feeling very overwhelmed with it and I have only looked at some of the docs. It looks rather impressive though, and I hope the experience will be around that of what Code Igniter has offered me.

Just looking to see if anyone else has tackled this monster before, and what your experience was (or is) with it. I will be doing it regardless, but any tips for diving into it will be great!

[eluser]GSV Sleeper Service[/eluser]
I had one short job updating some existing cold fusion many years ago, it was painful, very painful. I think cold fusion should get some kind of award for most ridiculous syntax.

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
I did some CF once and found it to be ridiculously easy! It was interacting with a commercial CMS to be fair so i only used a subset of the CF language as a whole, but still, it seemed very simplified.

Perhaps if i had been building something from scratch it would have been much more complex.

I seem to recall sitepoint.com doing a fair amount of blogging on coldfusion, it might be worth looking on there for some pointers.

[eluser]drewbee[/eluser]
Right. I do have some decent experience with it (Cold Fusion); GSV I'm not sure why you thought it was so painful? I know I have been doing PHP for 6 years, and CF for 6 months, but without the assistance of a framework, I can develop a CF app much faster then a PHP App.

The syntax is clean as can be, and it looks just like html / xml. Not sure what your problems are their.

I also found quite a few already built in functions, that I think need to be included in PHP. But the same can be said about the reverse.

You are correct audio. But it is also very powerful as well too. CF and PHP are easily comparable. I am more concerned with Cold Box haha. The framework looks huge.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB