Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
NetBeans Plugin - Second Iteration

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2015, 02:27 PM by jlp.)

We have just tagged the second iteration of the CodeIgniter3 plugin for NetBeans, version 0.2.
The project repository can be examined or forked.
The NetBeans module can be downloaded and installed into your local NB for testing.

Documentation for the plugin has been started, but has a ways to go.

We would love to have your feedback. Enjoy!
James Parry
Project Lead

Hello

Excuse my poor english ...

It's a great idea to have a Netbeans plugin but i don't understand how to use it.

- Integrated Help : doesn't seem to show.
- Code Completion : ctrl+space is ok for view (i see views also with $this->load->model('model')) . But -> doesn't show more than usually
- Smart Navigation : sometimes it's ok sometimes not
- Starter Applications : OK
- Code Generation : don't understand how to do it ?! I can choose a model, controller or view ... ok. Give it a name .I d'on't know what are the item/links after ? Nothing is created or i don't see where .
- Plugin Manager : don't understand what it is and how to use it ?!

Perhaps it's just me who don't know how to to use this plugin, i am a beginner with CI, i was previouly with zend 1 and 2.

Thanks

Hello
Excuse my poor english too.
But the "Code Completion" does not work.
[Image: doesnotwork.gif]
Sad

(03-17-2015, 09:16 AM)sotavento Wrote: Hello

Excuse my poor english ...

It's a great idea to have a Netbeans plugin but i don't understand how to use it.

- Integrated Help : doesn't seem to show.
- Code Completion : ctrl+space is ok for view (i see views also with $this->load->model('model')) .  But -> doesn't show more than usually
- Smart Navigation : sometimes it's ok sometimes not
- Starter Applications : OK
- Code Generation : don't understand how to do it ?! I can  choose a model, controller or view ... ok. Give it a name .I d'on't know what are the item/links after ? Nothing is created or i don't see where .
- Plugin Manager : don't understand what it is and how to use it ?!

Perhaps it's just me who don't know how to to use this plugin, i am a beginner with CI, i was previouly with zend 1 and 2.

Thanks
Hi. Do you mind if you could provide me more details about when smart navigation would not work? Thanks!

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 11:15 AM by djwoods.)

(03-17-2015, 09:16 AM)sotavento Wrote: - Integrated Help : doesn't seem to show.

The integrated help should be visible in 2 places:
1) There should be a search bar in the toolbar which says "search CI Docs". Use this to search the CodeIgniter user guide for a class / method.
2) When you right click on a method, you should have the option to "Go to CI Docs". Clicking this will take you directly to the CodeIgniter documentation for that method, unless (1) the method name is ambiguous, in which case you'll be taken to the search results of the CI Userguide or (2) the method is not a CodeIgniter function, an error tone should play.

If either of these don't work for you, please let me know Smile

It would be really grateful if you can help me in this
when i type in model  $this->db or $this->db->  
auto completion is not working, this always been a struggle since many years with netbeans

thanks

(03-19-2015, 10:12 AM)Tamaki_Sakura Wrote: Hi. Do you mind if you could provide me more details about when smart navigation would not work? Thanks!

I tried to test a little more:

$this->load->view('viewfolder/view',array('data'=>array())): The view opens with ctrl+click on viewfolder/view;
$this->load->model('modelfolder/model'):The model desn't open with ctrl+click on modelfolder/model;
It's OK with helpers, and with libraries it's oK if i use library::method but not if i use $this->library.

Thanks

(03-19-2015, 11:14 AM)djwoods Wrote: The integrated help should be visible in 2 places:
1) There should be a search bar in the toolbar which says "search CI Docs". Use this to search the CodeIgniter user guide for a class / method.
2) When you right click on a method, you should have the option to "Go to CI Docs". Clicking this will take you directly to the CodeIgniter documentation for that method, unless (1) the method name is ambiguous, in which case you'll be taken to the search results of the CI Userguide or (2) the method is not a CodeIgniter function, an error tone should play.

If either of these don't work for you, please let me know Smile

First i'm sorry but the docs wasn't so clear when i looked at it last time.

I made new tests and i have problems with right click.
For example :$this->output->enable_profiler(TRUE);
if i right click and "Go to CI Docs" i have a tone, but if i use the "search CI Docs" in the toolbar i find it. I never managed to have the right click work.

Thanks

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 06:35 PM by Tamaki_Sakura. Edit Reason: change it )

(03-20-2015, 09:48 AM)sotavento Wrote:
(03-19-2015, 10:12 AM)Tamaki_Sakura Wrote: Hi. Do you mind if you could provide me more details about when smart navigation would not work? Thanks!

I tried to test a little more:

$this->load->view('viewfolder/view',array('data'=>array())): The view opens with ctrl+click on viewfolder/view;
$this->load->model('modelfolder/model'):The model desn't open with ctrl+click on modelfolder/model;
It's OK with helpers, and with libraries it's oK if i use library::method but not if i use $this->library.

Thanks
Sorry about the fact that the documentation seems pretty misleading now. This version of plugin currently only support navigating to view Sad I will try to add the functionality to support model in the next iteration Smile

(03-20-2015, 10:19 AM)sotavento Wrote: I made new tests and i have problems with right click.
For example :$this->output->enable_profiler(TRUE);
if i right click and "Go to CI Docs" i have a tone, but if i use the "search CI Docs" in the toolbar i find it. I never managed to have the right click work.

Thank you for reporting this bug.
What operating system are you using?
I suspect it's an issue with file path syntax being different on Mac and Windows.
I'll be sure to push a fix for the next iteration.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB