Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Shopping Cart going away?

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2015, 09:52 AM by frocco.)

Hello,

If I read this correctly, future versions of CI will not have the Shopping Cart, anchor_popup?
If so, will it remain as an addon?

This is one of the reasons I like CI over other frameworks.

Thanks

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2015, 02:08 PM by DevotionGeo.)

(03-17-2015, 07:47 AM)frocco Wrote: Hello,

If I read this correctly, future versions of CI will not have the Shopping Cart, anchor_popup?
If so, will it remain as an addon?

This is one of the reasons I like CI over other frameworks.

Thanks
I think the Shopping Cart should be improved instead of being deprecated. The framework should not start ditching great FEATURES because they are hard to maintain / improve. 
And
if its being deprecated what alternative is being given ?

I think it will be completely unfair to ditch a great feature. 

Being a all volunteer project (as far as I know nobody is paid?) like any good project manager the CodeIgniter team knows what resources they have in volunteers and time. Some stuff will continue to be updated and other stuff will be deprecated.

That said if it's super important to you there is nothing stopping a developer like yourself from taking what we have today updating it for v4 (or when ever it's dropped).
Then provide it back to the CI community as open source. It would be a great way to give back to the open source CodeIgniter Community!

DMyers

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 11:24 PM by ivantcholakov. Edit Reason: CI3 )

There is no mechanism the Shopping Cart to "go away" simply because it has been licensed under MIT within the CI3 code.

I use codeigniter 3 for my CMS projects and Open Cart for my eCommerce which is free and much better http://www.opencart.com/

I am making a cms similar structure to open cart but with HMVC.
There's only one rule - please don't tell anyone to go and read the manual.  Sometimes the manual just SUCKS!

(05-02-2015, 03:14 PM)dmyers Wrote: Being a all volunteer project (as far as I know nobody is paid?) like any good project manager the CodeIgniter team knows what resources they have in volunteers and time. Some stuff will continue to be updated and other stuff will be deprecated.

That said if it's super important to you there is nothing stopping a developer like yourself from taking what we have today updating it for v4 (or when ever it's dropped).
Then provide it back to the CI community as open source. It would be a great way to give back to the open source CodeIgniter Community!

DMyers

I would like to contribe, how do I get started?

(05-03-2015, 09:36 AM)pinesystems Wrote:
(05-02-2015, 03:14 PM)dmyers Wrote: Being a all volunteer project (as far as I know nobody is paid?) like any good project manager the CodeIgniter team knows what resources they have in volunteers and time. Some stuff will continue to be updated and other stuff will be deprecated.

DMyers

I would like to contribe, how do I get started?
Fork the CodeIgniter repository and make changes to your copy (and test it), if it doesn't break any existing code, send a pull request.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB