Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session on CI not a solution, but some way to ... resolve?...

[eluser]Prokium[/eluser]
Hi,
I am sorry i am not very good in english.

I had many problems with the library Ci session. ( like other guys i think)
Problems are on IE and opera, they dont received the Sessions.

I do the developement on a virtual server, and when i Upload my project on a "Real" server, i havn't the sessions problems on IE or Opera.

I dont know why.
The only différence between the servers is : one is Real, the other virtual.

The virtual server is based on Mircrosoft virtual Server
It's a debian
LAMP with last update

And the real server is a debian too.
LAMP with last update

I hope it will help you.

edit : I dont want to have a solution, this topic is write to informe the users.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Do you have a hyphen or underscore in your live server's URL (particularly the subdomain)?

This isn't an issue with the framework - it's an issue with the browser.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Quote:I dont want to have a solution, this topic is write to informe the users.
Yet it contains nothing informative? What am I missing?

[eluser]Prokium[/eluser]
[quote author="Michael Wales" date="1233320287"]Do you have a hyphen or underscore in your live server's URL (particularly the subdomain)?

This isn't an issue with the framework - it's an issue with the browser.[/quote]

Yes the "fake" domaine, on the virtual server, ( he is declared in the host file in system32/driver/etc on my dev computer) have a underscore...
And the name of the session too(i am using default name "ci_session").
I tested some solutions ( remove the _ in the name of the session, change the config.php file ) but it dont resolve the problem.

I repeat : i dont want a solution.

I am just saying that i think, all problems of CI session are (may be) caused by the server's config (with only virtual server?! ).

[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1233327099"]
Quote:I dont want to have a solution, this topic is write to informe the users.
Yet it contains nothing informative? What am I missing?[/quote]

I have lost lot of time to resolve this probleme on IE or Opera.
And for conclusion it have No problem.

I am very sorry for my english Confused
I juste want to help Confused lol

If you want close and delete this topic, that's not a probleme,
I will be back when i will be good in english...lol

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
You're not listening to what I am saying - it's not a problem with CodeIgniter (therefore, you are seeking a solution, since you are way off target with your criticism).

The problem is you are experience a well documented bug within Internet Explorer: if a subdomain contains a hyphen or underscore, sessions don't work. Period, end of story - nothing to do with CodeIgniter, 100% IE's fault. Not the session name (omsad-sd-asd-sa-d-sad-___da-d-ad--d-s- is a valid session name), but the subdomain.

I haven't heard of Opera experiencing this bug, then again - I haven't looked to see if it's been reported either.

I don't feel the need to close/delete this topic - especially since you are misreporting a browser bug as a CodeIgniter bug. There's no need to spread misinformation.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB