Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
clip_gallery v0.4.0 available.. New Demo online!

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I find the pagination in the detail view a bit too complicated. I understand you don't want a long row of thumbnails but why not add a previous and next link on the sides of the tumbnails. Having a full blown pagination for the thumbnails seems a bit overkill. You could do the same on both sides of the full image which makes the interface consistent.

I glanced over the library code and i saw you use
Code:
$CI =& get_instance();
in a lot of your methods, why not create a private variable to make the CI instance a class global.

[eluser]clip[/eluser]
[quote author="xwero" date="1234369616"]I find the pagination in the detail view a bit too complicated. I understand you don't want a long row of thumbnails but why not add a previous and next link on the sides of the tumbnails. Having a full blown pagination for the thumbnails seems a bit overkill. You could do the same on both sides of the full image which makes the interface consistent.

I glanced over the library code and i saw you use
Code:
$CI =& get_instance();
in a lot of your methods, why not create a private variable to make the CI instance a class global.[/quote]

I agree with you on everything actually lol. I had planned to "dumb down the pagination" and add the arrows to each side of the full image. This is in the plans for the next release.

As far as the $CI get_instance()... well good question and I guess the only response I can give you is I really didn't think about it even though i should have. I originally intended for this to basicly read a dir and output a set of images with links to full image and it kinda went beyond that. I will implement that in the next revision. Thanks for the suggestions.

[eluser]clip[/eluser]
[quote author="wwwald" date="1234365459"]Great stuff.

I used it in a soon-to-be-online project. One thing I noticed is some issues with url-encoding of album names, but that's probably a consequence of my own modifications.
I'll try to wrap some things up later to provide some feedback.

wwwald[/quote]

Let me know what you come up with. I did have to rewrite all the anchor tags in the library. For some reason the url's were working fine on my dev machine but when I put the demo on the project page it wasn't working properly, could be a sub-domain issue maybe, I am not sure.

As far as your album name issue, do you have spaces, underscores or hyphens in your album names?

[eluser]clip[/eluser]
cig (codeigniter gallery) is now known as clip_gallery. Along with the name change comes a new version 0.4.0.

There has been some significant changes to the key names as well as class properties along with changes in pagination functionality.

The gallery library now makes two types of thumbnails along with the resized image. The new style of thumbnail that I refer to as a gallery_thumb creates a resized/croped thumbnail to the exact size defined in the config file. This allows you to have a more stylish "front gallery" page that displays all of your albums. To offer this functionality It was necessary to extend the native CI Image_lib. MY_Image_lib is also included in the libraries folder. Make sure you copy this file to your application as well when integrating into an existing project.

All config options can now be changed on the fly to a different value. This is done by dropping the "cig" prefix from the key in config file.. example...

Code:
//from config
$config['cig_thumbs_per_page'] = 10;
//to change on the fly you would do
$this->clip_gallery->thumbs_per_page = 4;

The gallery is smart enough to know which controller method it needs to point the url's too based on the config settings so it is good practice to set your controllers up with and index, album, and image method. That way later if you change your settings, your controller is already set up.

I have yet to update the config value section in the on-line documentation but the example application has the correct key names. Other than that the rest of the doc should get you going along with the example application. I will try to get the docs updated asap.

Links:
Demo - Click Here
Documentation - Click Here
Download - Click Here

Enjoy!!

[eluser]clip[/eluser]
This project is now hosted @ git. clip-gallery

I will be removing the previous download location.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB