Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Server going down

[eluser]shriyanag[/eluser]
Hi friends,
we developed a portal using code igniter..the portal is big..and there are morethan 10,00000 records in our database..so is code igniter capable of handling this kind of portal..and my portal url is www.computeruser.com...the problem is every now and then the server is going down and we need to restart the web services manually whenever the server goes down...so is it because of code igniter or something else...can some one please help me out ..to solve this problem..what is the solution for this?
Thank you

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
You need to employ some caching, some load balancing, the whole lot. Performance of code inevitably reaches a breaking point. There are companies that specialize in scaling, who, if you are serious about your venture, you should look into contracting.

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
Yeah i'll second Colins comments.

Can you post some stats about how many hits you get, how many requests per second, basically what the load is. Are you doing lots of database writes or is it mostly reads? How is your database setup? Have you got a lot of tables or just a couple of big ones?
If you turn on profiling how much memory does CI say it is using?
What are the specs of your server(s)?

Codeigniter as a framework has a very small footprint so it shouldn't be an codeigniter issue. Are you loading only the components you need per controller or are you autoloading more than you need sitewide?

Have you tried benchmarking your site?

The more info about your setup the more we'll be able to help.

Hi,thanks for reply...
we are not caching..and we are using phpmyvisites code for web analytics..and we added the script in all the pages..now i removed in all the pages and added only in header because header is common for all..everyday the new datas will be adding into the database...we have more than 160 tables..and i have one more doubt we are loading models in parent controllers..how we need to load model..we need to call in particular function or in parent controller?
what is the maximum code we should have?like what is the size?
we hosted the site in VPS...
some controllers got morethan 5000 lines of code..
plzz reply asap..

Thanks.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
None of what you are asking about and giving details on have anything to do with your problem, except for the controller size. As PHP files get very large it will take the preprocessor a longer time in parsing it (since PHP runs 2 passes over a PHP file, then goes and find the method it's actually looking for).

Your best option, right now, is to reread the first 2 replies to this post and answer their questions and start doing some research on the solutions they mentioned. The paths you are following now aren't going to lead you anywhere worth their time until you fix a major underlying issue.

Hi,im attaching my log file..can you please lookinto it and tmme what exactly is the problem..
Thank you..

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB