Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Need help picking an authentication system

[eluser]plainas[/eluser]
Hey all, I was not aware of how developed and well documented some auth libraries are. I ave a project in hand in which I need to use one of them, but I have not made up my mind, I am more leaning towards dx_auth or freakauth, simply because they appear to be more mature, very feature reach and well documented.

I red this topic on stackoverflow, very informative for a start, but I need more opinions:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34698...ry-is-best
^^^^
Check the comment by Jens

I don't like bloated stuff, I prefer simple and effective stuff, like CI, but the authentication is the one part of an application I do want to be feature rich. Email validation, salted hashed passwords, efficient admin panel, are minimum requirements for me.

So... which one do you use/prefer and why? What are its strong points? What are its weakness? why picking that particular one.

I would like people to point those downsides that one only face when using it.

Any tips are very appreciated. Please don't be a zealot, I am simply trying to find out which one would be most useful to me.

[eluser]webnology[/eluser]
I'm looking at the same. I feel DX Auth seems like the best option, but then again it depends on your needs, I would say.

M

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB