Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Your impression of CI3 over others?

Hello,

I tried Laravel, Yii to name a few, but I like how CI3 is maintaining it's simplicity in functions compared to the others.

I have tried Laravel(this is not PHP for me), FuelPHP(I like this one too), Phalcon(this was fun), Yii, Symfony and countless more but CodeIgniter is the best, simple & fast, easy to extend and you can do one thing more than 10 ways
Has a good set of libraries and tons of tutorials and scripts online
And the documentation is more then good

With CodeIgniter even the sky is not the limit

I have worked with CakePHP, A little with Symphony (related to Drupal 8), and Java based Spring.  Of all of them CI is the best.  Speed and Agility of development, and maturity of the product is nice with CI.  I would choose CI over all the others.

I tried to jump on the bandwagon for laravel, but it just doesn't feel right for me. I also tried cakePHP, yii and fuelPHP.
Yii was pretty good at getting admin crud setup pretty fast. I am using CI3 now and fuelPHP.

I am here because I need to figure out the working of CI I have a client who had someone start a CI website for him but it did not workout, so he asked me to do the site I agreed but only with Joomla as I am more familiar with it.

CI is manually input syntax and I have no idea where to begin. So far I have manage to backward engineer the workings to the best of my abilities. I have manged over the past week to get the site installed on my local server (xampp) and it's up and running; with only one minor problem that is slowing getting resolved through the help of CI forum members and a lot of searching an opening every single php file... lucky for me there are not that many files.

I am a designer and have huge amount of respect for those who code to me it's a logical artform. To have natural talent and creativity to make what we use everyday come to life. Hats off to all of you.

Scott

I am using CodeIgniter for simple projects and Laravel for complex projects.

I love the easy way of CodeIgniter, the speed and agility of the development.

(03-28-2015, 04:20 PM)britepencil Wrote: CI is manually input syntax and I have no idea where to begin.

Every tool has its best purpose, and CI really shines as a way to build web applications, not websites. CI expects you to know PHP and doesn't really care how much HTML and CSS you know.

If you're trying to build a website that does not do much form processing, perhaps Joomla is better. However, I also understand that Joomla is best for very large websites, and that using it for smaller websites makes it look slow. If you are looking primarily for a way to make smaller websites, I would suggest you take a look at Wolf CMS. It is lightweight and very easy to use. It does not impose itself on your design, yet it doesn't require much knowledge of PHP. For certain kinds of websites, it's the best. Give it a try.
Hey, don't work without a PHP debugger. Several free IDEs have this features built in. Two are NetBeans and CodeLobster. Without a debugger, it's like you're driving with a blindfold on -- you are going to crash!

CI3 is for simple websites I agree.

I did a site for someone in Joomia and had to redo it in a PHP framework, I used Yii at the time.
They did not like Joomla's backend. She found it too complicated.

(03-29-2015, 04:02 AM)frocco Wrote: I did a site for someone in Joomia and had to redo it in a PHP framework, I used Yii at the time.
They did not like Joomla's backend. She found it too complicated.

I agree with she! Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB