Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Custon Site Search

[eluser]insub2[/eluser]
Sorry to bitch out like this but searching for "search"+etc. offers too many unrelated results.

I'm working on a website that requires a search engine that looks through two tables of the database. I've got the join bit down, so that isn't much of an issue. But I was wondering if anyone could point me to some resources about how to implement pagination. The things i've found aren't for search results. And the only way I can think of to make it work is to run the search twice, which just seems silly. (First to get the total results and again to limit the results whichever page it's on.)

OR I came across a couple drop in site search engine classes earlier in my research but for the life of me can not figure out why i didn't bookmark them and can't find them again.

...basically, anything you can tell me about making a site search function would be great.

Thanks!

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Why are you searching for "search"+etc if your question is about pagination?

To get total results, and against limit results, you are either going to run two queries - or return every result to your controller from MySQL and limit it via PHP.

[eluser]jane0109[/eluser]
Try to run on two queries.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB