Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Transferred Site and Now Pages Are Blank

[eluser]Zac G.[/eluser]
I just transferred a little app from local to the server and changed the config and database files, but now I can't get any of the views to load.

Any suggestions of something that I may be missing? Thanks!

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Check that there are no spaces after any of the end closing PHP tag on each page. If your server is set to use compression, a simple whitespace after the closing PHP tag will screw it up. I'd bet that your FTP client has added a space to the end of at least one file somewhere.

When writing CodeIgniter apps, it's good practice to simply not bother putting the closing tag in there.

Please check out the CodeIgniter [url="http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/general/styleguide.html#php_closing_tag"]PHP Style Guide[/url].

Hope this helps.

[eluser]Zac G.[/eluser]
Oh boy, that's going to be a lot of files to check! Thanks for the tip Smile

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
It should only be the files that you've created in the application directory that would need to be checked. CodeIgniter files are written with the end PHP tag ommited, so it shouldn't be any of those that are causing a problem.

One more thing that sprung to mind. I had this problem a few months ago, when logging was enabled, but the log directory was not writeable. Please check this out before searching through tons of files. Sorry for not thinking about this before.

[eluser]Zac G.[/eluser]
Aha! That was it :p

Thanks Fuzzy

[eluser]SitesByJoe[/eluser]
I've noticed over time using CI that it tends to be hit or miss with permissions when you upload your applications to servers.

That said, I always set permissions by hand on my remote files.

I've been setting the system folder to 755 then replicating the same permissions inward.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB