Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI and Typo3

[eluser]aeris[/eluser]
---------------

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
As i understand it correct you want a typo3 backend with a CI frontend?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I'm not entirely sure I understand what your intentions. What would you do with your CI front end that you can't do with the original?

[eluser]Mirage[/eluser]
I believe to understand what aeris is trying to do.

Rather than building a content management system in CI, he is looking to bridge the two. There are in general two crossing points:

1. The application probably needs an admin interface. It would be 'sexy' to integrate that with the CMS.
This could be as easy as adding some links to the Typo3 admin panel or going nuts beyond that. I don't know typo3 and what it provides in terms of custom admin panels. I know it's pretty straightforward in EE

2. Both the site and the application probably share some appearance (templates)
This tends to be the tricky portion, especially if there's a template language involved. If the interchangeable UI parts can be written in static html you either have to have CI draw the template sources from the CMS and then prepare them or have the CMS pull templates from an outside resource (CI) in some way.

The former would be the preferred approach as with CI you have all the power to do whatever you want while the client controls things via the CMS.

HTH,
Juergen

[eluser]aeris[/eluser]
--------------------------

[eluser]Mirage[/eluser]
Ok, aeris. Actually this make your problem a little easier.

On your application side you'll need to provide API like access to retrieve search results. As this is apparently going to be accessed from a site you do not have control over you'll need to define the protocol and response formats.

Then on the Typo3 side the developer can decide whether a plugin to Typo3 is needed or this could all be done with an AJAX library. Either way - their side would communicate with your App through a faceless interface.

There is no real 'integration' of CI with Typo3 required the way I see it.

[eluser]stoefln[/eluser]
what mirage set is a clean way to solve this task, imo
i have written several TYPO3 extensions and so i know the requirements for the involved scripts.
most important: you are not allowed to echo anything, the html-response of the plugin has to go into a variable which has to be returned to the cms after execution of the plugin. maybe i m wrong, but i think thats not possible with CI.

[eluser]pistolPete[/eluser]
[quote author="stoefln" date="1234718512"]... you are not allowed to echo anything, the html-response of the plugin has to go into a variable which has to be returned to the cms after execution of the plugin. maybe i m wrong, but i think thats not possible with CI.[/quote]

You could use the _output() function of a controller: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/general/controllers.html#output

[eluser]stoefln[/eluser]
[quote author="pistolPete" date="1234718915"][quote author="stoefln" date="1234718512"]... you are not allowed to echo anything, the html-response of the plugin has to go into a variable which has to be returned to the cms after execution of the plugin. maybe i m wrong, but i think thats not possible with CI.[/quote]

You could use the _output() function of a controller: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/general/controllers.html#output[/quote]

oh, cool. then maybe this could work- i think you should start by generating a simple frontend-plugin with the TYPO3 kickstarter and then trying to call CI
in the pi1/tx_yourplugin_pi1.php's main method.

[eluser]aeris[/eluser]
------------------------

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB