Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Uploader working perfectly for me but not for user on different computer

[eluser]markanderson993[/eluser]
Hello there CodeIgniter experts! I have a very puzzling problem. Basically I have an audio-uploader that works perfectly on my website. It takes the file, checks if it is an mp3 and if it is, uploads it. Everything is working smooth when I test it with different usernames and on different computers/browsers.

My friend was beta-testing my site the other day and he tried to upload music too but every time he would always get the proper "Incorrect file type" error I had setup to catch all .wav files etc. I told him to email me the song so I could test uploading it and it worked... perfectly on my computer! What?! How is this possible?! It always gave him "incorrect file type" errors but worked perfectly for me, even when I tried uploading the file on a clean account.

I plan on upgrading my version Codeigniter which is 16.2 to 17.0. Do you think could be the source of the problem, it is the only possible solution I can think of.

If anyone has any idea no matter how crazy why my friend can't upload please please respond!!!
Thank you for your support Smile

Note* I just found out he was trying to upload with a windows 2000 operating system. I bet that is the problem, but if it was the problem, how can I add support for windows 2000 operating systems.

- Pianoman993

[eluser]pistolPete[/eluser]
Are you using a special uploader like swfupload?
Which browser is your friend using?
Maybe that browser doesn't send the mime type correctly?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB