Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Validation Class and more then one callback functions on the same field?

[eluser]felyx[/eluser]
Well I tried to apply two validation callback methods for the same form field but it just won't execute the second one. Tryed to exchange them with each other and the first always works second doesn't. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: if it is not avaible and you won't make it avaible then the documentation should say something about it, so ppl won't run into this problem Smile

[eluser]pistolPete[/eluser]
Seems to be a CI bug: CI 1.7 form_validation bug regarding callbacks

But do you need to call multiple callbacks? Isn't it possible to put the validation in one callback function?

[eluser]felyx[/eluser]
[quote author="pistolPete" date="1234679269"]Seems to be a CI bug: CI 1.7 form_validation bug regarding callbacks

But do you need to call multiple callbacks? Isn't it possible to put the validation in one callback function?[/quote]

Sadly no, I need to use callback validation at editing the data and adding the data but I only need two callbacks at the adding page. So It means duplicated code atm since I need 1 callback for the edit page only and a combined one from the two callbacks for the adding page.

[eluser]pistolPete[/eluser]
I submitted a bug report, let's see what's happening Smile

[eluser]felyx[/eluser]
[quote author="pistolPete" date="1234680266"]I submitted a bug report, let's see what's happening Smile[/quote]

Well I hope they will fix it but until then I will work around the problem. Thanks for the help. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB