Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Generate templates from scaffolding?

[eluser]jwag[/eluser]
In Ruby on Rails, there was a way (I think with 'rake') to generate templates for doing simple add/delete/view database tables. Is there a way to generate them with CodeIgniter? I know that it has the scaffolding built in for adding test data quickly, but are there any tools built in that generate the php functions/views for it as well?

I know it's not that difficult to code and can be done with alot of copying/pasting, but I'm setting up an admin panel that uses ALOT of different tables just for storing different pieces of info, and this would cut down on a ton of time.

Thanks,
jwag

[eluser]Fielder[/eluser]
I'm looking for some information on this as well.

The scaffolding layout I've seen with CI is quite a nice layout. As jwag mentions, I can create the tabular data myself showing the records searched but is there a help or something of the sort built into CI that I can utilize?
I guess after that, I can implement CI pagination.

Thank.s

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Perhaps [url="https://launchpad.net/codecrafter"]Code Crafter[/url] is what you're looking for.

[eluser]Fielder[/eluser]
Ok, I will check it out - thanks. But codeIgniter does not have anything like this already built in?

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
No .. nothing built in.

I also believe that they're slowly dropping the Scaffolding feature from the core product, too.

I've not used really used scaffolding, so I don't know what I'm missing. I like to generate my test data in text files and source that into my database directly - I feel better about this, particularly as my tables tend to use foreign keys, or at least have values that are selected from other tables during the INSERT. Plus the really big benefit is that I can revert my database to a known state with two commands.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB