Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
xmlrpc and metaweblog

[eluser]roguemonk[/eluser]
I feel like I'm missing something.

I'm currently working with Sweetcron and would like to add xmlrpc support for metaweblog. Then, I could use Marsedit to do site posts around my lifestream.

But I'm not sure what's required to start.

I understand how to load the xmlrpcs library and start developing a class, but do I need a metaweblog library on top of that. Or am I just pointing to my functions which do all of the work?

Has anyone else tried developing something like this? I'm not looking for the entire thing, but a working example to get me on the right path would be nice.

Thanks,

--Dave

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I like Sweetcron. I prefer borccoli more, though. Budoom-tsssssh! (Sorry, bad pun, I know...)

Quite frankly, I am confused. I don't think I've ever seen so many software names in a single post before. (I know there's only three, but that's about as high as I can count).

I think you're going to have to build an abstraction layer between MetaWeblog and CodeIgniter's XMLRPC Server class. Alternatively, I think Expression Engine has support for MetaWeblog, so perhaps you might be better using that instead? It might save you a bit of a headache.

Hope this answers your question, even though I can't give you a working example as requested.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB