Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Style/content switcher

[eluser]Kenny1[/eluser]
Hi ! Smile I started to use CodeIgniter one week ago and I love it !
But I'm working on a webradio's website that needs to have a style and content switcher, and I don't know how to do this properly.
There are four radios on the website, Pop/Rock, Hits and two others radios, which are coming soon. I would like to have four different sites (but one forum and one member login) for these four different radios. Each radio will have his own content (Pop/Rock News, Hits News, ...). I know I will use a database for this.

But I don't know how to change the content without using cookies (which will not work for search engine's robots). I tried to use sessions but CodeIgniter needs to create cookies to make the sessions work.

Does anybody know how to resolve this problem ?
Thanks Smile

By the way, sorry for my english, I'm french, so I do my best :red:

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
hi for style switching you can use the following template library and content for different radios you have to use sessions or cookies, for mine point of view session will be good. if you have any other idea share here also.

Template Library

[eluser]Kenny1[/eluser]
Thanks for the link Smile I don't know if I should use sessions because it doesn't work when cookies are disabled (so it will not work for robots).

[eluser]Kenny1[/eluser]
Does anyone have another idea ? Smile

[eluser]Kenny1[/eluser]
Nobody ? :p

[eluser]Milos Dakic[/eluser]
Suggestion by umefarooq is the best way to go. Split your radio's into different templates and layouts but use the same database and log ins. Even check out Modular Extensions, which could help you further separate the radio's.

Have a play with getting the same functionality but different look, maybe that's the way to go.

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
hi can you explain litter more that you project will share the same info, like news, content or not, if they are not sharing the content or news than you can create 4 different controllers for your 4 radios while calling data from database fix one key in every controller for example if you are calling radio 1 data just put

Code:
select * from news where radio_id = 1

it will get all content of radio one using same database for other also, yes than you can use modular extension. as @milos says.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
why not use an url segment to identify the different radios like it's done in wiredesingz URI language Identifier

[eluser]Kenny1[/eluser]
Hello,

@umefarooq : Why not, but I will have to duplicate every Controller ?
@xwero : Thanks for the link ! Looks interesting =)

I tried to create a database with the ip adresses and the radio they are visiting (expires in 24 hours). It works ; what do you think about this method ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB