Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Subversions Help

[eluser]whobutsb[/eluser]
Morning All,
I have some quick questions about SVN. Lately I have been playing around with SVN using a free repo on Beanstalk and connecting to it using Coda. Things are working great and I'm interested in using it more in some of my other projects. So I downloaded VisualSVN Server on to my Development Windows box and I added a Repository to it to hold my project. What I would like to do is download a clean copy of my Files, none of the SVN files or the ._ files. And then using Versions import it in to my VisualSVN Repository.

The problem I'm having is that when I go into the Beanstalk website and do an export all I seem to get is the SVN files and none of my application files. If I use Tortoise SVN and do a checkout or an export I get my application files but I also get all the SVN files as well.

If anyone has any experience using SVN, your help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

I solved my issue. What I did was do a clean Export into a new folder using Tortoise SVN, and then I went through the directory and deleted all of the SVN files. After that I imported the directory in to my VisualSVN local Repo, did a checkout and now its working great!

So I have been moving along very nicely using SVN to manage my application. But now I'am getting error messages when I try to commit to the Repo. Here is a picture of the error message. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

SVN Error Message

Thanks for the help!

PS Should I move this topic to another area on the forum?

[eluser]pistolPete[/eluser]
Did you delete the file ._reports.php.svn-base or any of the parent folders?

Nope I don't think I've deleted anything from the directory. Can I do an update to the reports folder to get that file back?

Don't think so because an update would only affect the versioned files (*.php etc) and not the internal .svn files.
You probably have to check out a working copy again.

Alright I will give that a try. Thanks for the help!

I have a quick question, what does a SVN Cleanup do for my working copy?

svnbook.red-bean.com

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB