Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Newbie trying to migrate from one instance to another

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello, first let me start out by saying I don't know php. I'm a relatively 'wet behind the ears' Jr Sys Admin that has been assigned the task of moving a web site that utilizes the Code Igniter framework from one hosting provider to ours. I have been given their site content along with their database dump and the framework tar'd up. I have untar'd the build and configured config.php and databases.php. I have also imported the dump into our mysql server and everything appeared to load fine. CI can connect to the database fine, I have tested this via the fact that when I purposely give it the wrong database connection info in database.php it doesn't load the index page, so that would tell me that it's able to connect fine. My problem is after the main page loads up all of their links point to html files that appear to be embedded in the database. When you click on one of these links, which are no more than general site content from what I can see, I get a generic "Not Found. The requested URL /rules.html was not found on this server." It looks like it's not able to pull the data from the database, if I am not mistaken. Can someone give me a few hints of what to check/troubleshoot? If I am missing any pertinent information I apologize and will supply that info upon request in this thread. Thank you in advance

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB