Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter UserGuide in PDF format

[eluser]squarebones[/eluser]
UPDATE Moved the file to RapidShare. Link updated below. Thank you.

As EllisLab has recently released a new version of CodeIgniter, and to celebrate that fact, I have taken the time to compile the electronic version of the User Guide into a printable PDF file. It includes a cover designed by me (with a logo that is an homage to the actual CI logo), a table of contents listing all classes, methods, helpers, etc. in a nice table format (courtesy of MS Excel). I am rather old-fashioned, and single-screened, and I like to have a printed manual in front of me when I am developing rather than try to flip between windows on my computer. It's easier on the eyes too!

My personal version of the manual was printed using the Booklet Printing capability of Adobe Acrobat. I selected legal sized paper in landscape mode and printed it full duplex to a color copier/printer. I then cut the legal in half, brought the two halves together, added the cover and back-piece (double-cover stock for good weight) and wire-bound the whole thing into a coherent whole. It's about as professional a piece as I can produce.

Download the PDF here:

CodeIgniter UserGuide v1.7.1

And Enjoy!

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
Safari is obviously having fun toying with me today. I've downloaded this 3 times, and each time, when it finishes downloading, it tells me that it has moved since I downloaded it.

[eluser]Myles Wakeham[/eluser]
Big thanks and props for doing this!

Myles

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
Finally got it downloaded. Nice. I don't see where I would ever REALLY use it because I can hit the user guide provided with the installation or ci's web site really fast.. but, still, good work.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I get IO errors trying to view the pdf.

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
Thank you

[eluser]Edmundas KondraĊĦovas[/eluser]
[quote author="jdfwarrior" date="1235767793"]Finally got it downloaded. Nice. I don't see where I would ever REALLY use it because I can hit the user guide provided with the installation or ci's web site really fast.. but, still, good work.[/quote]
You can print this e-book and have the printed papers right on your desk when you need some information. Wink

[eluser]Fanbin[/eluser]
It's useful, thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB