Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Fckeditor integration in non-standard structure

[eluser]beinn[/eluser]
First up apologies for this posting as I feel like it is something I should be able to figure out but I am having melt down!

I have searched the forum and read the various posting about integrating FCKEditor, as well as the Wiki about it.

My problem is that for security/maintainence reasons I have separated the application and system folders and placed them above the site root, they have also been renamed.

e.g.
SITE -
- application folder
-libraries folder
-fckeditor folder
-Fckeditor.php
- system folder
- public_html folder

I have some confusion over adding the FCKEditor files and folders to the library or plugin folders. As it does not seem to need them to be added to the plugins.

I have added the FCKEditor folder to the application/library and the fckeditor_php5.php file (this has been renamed Fckeditor.php).

In the view, I have loaded the library and I have no errors. It also seems to create the iframe with associated code, suggesting the FCKeditor class is creating the html but the BasePath seems to be the problem.

The info suggests using base.url() to dermine the base dir, however as the folders are out of the site root this does not work and so I have used the relative path e.g. $this->fckeditor->BasePath = ../../../application/libraries/fckeditor/

But all I keep getting is the homepage being displayed in the iframe, which I presume is the result of a default setting.

code generated:
-- updated --
<label style='vertical-align:top;'><b>Blog</b></label><br/><br />&lt;input type="hidden" id="content" name="content" value="" style="display:none" /&gt;&lt;input type="hidden" id="content___Config" value="" style="display:none" />&lt;iframe id="content___Frame" src="../../../rwdapplication/libraries/fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=content&amp;Toolbar=Default" width="100%" height="200" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"&gt;&lt;/iframe><br />&lt;input type="submit" value="Submit Blog" /&gt;&lt;input type="submit" name="preview" value="Preview Blog" />&lt;/form&gt;&lt;/div>

Any thoughts/suggestions most welcome.

cheers

[eluser]beinn[/eluser]
Manged to get it working. The problem was the location of the Fckeditor folder. Once I moved this into the site root and then adjusted the references to it in the Fckeditor.php and the controller reference, it displayed the editor.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB