Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Version change announcement should be improved

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello all, hello Rick!

For quite a while, I port a large and complex legacy application to CodeIgniter and really appreciate the good work! I started with 1.6.1, ported to 1.6.3 when I found out yesterday that something that works fine in 1.6.1 didn't work anymore in 1.6.3 after already working a longtime with that version.

So I switched back to the old version to prove that things were fine and went on to find out what piece of code in all my changes would have broken that feature. This turned out to be quite difficult as so many things had been changed in the meantime. After a while, it looked like something in the CodeIgniter version might be the cause, so I wanted to have a look at the forums when I noticed that there are two more new versions on the market.

So I had a look at the upgrading information, upgraded as I did once before which should not pose any problems at all although I manipulated two base classes from the database folder. The problems I found so far stemmed from simple naming conventions which had changed between the versions.

This is perfectly legitimate and easy to fix; it would be very nice if these things would be announced in the upgrading information in the future. What I've found so far are the following:

Code:
sess_cookie => sess_cookie_name
sess_length => sess_expiration
use_database => sess_use_database
session_table => sess_table_name
parse_form_attributes => _parse_form_attributes
Thank you very much!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB