Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Datamapper memory consumption ? 16Mb exhausted on small query

[eluser]tdktank59[/eluser]
ick fun lol...

Im just getting into the java world...

Anyways it would be cool if we can figure away around all that stuff you stated but it seems like its not going to happen...

[eluser]OverZealous[/eluser]
As an aside, what does everyone use for PHP development? I'm currently not very satisfied with my setup (too web-oriented, no profiling tools, etc.)

I've always hated Eclipse in the past, but I recently noticed that it has the ability to hook into PHP XDebug - which would provide proper debugging, stack/function traces, profiling, and more.

Is anyone using Eclipse and CodeIgniter together?

PS: I'm a Mac user, so that eliminates a few Windows-only clients.

[eluser]tdktank59[/eluser]
Ive tried eclipse but have never gotten the php code coloring to work...

I have stuck with Zend 5.5.1 (not the new eclipse one which is like 6.x...)

Mind you its enterprise software... So its not free.

Ive found it the easiest to work with and it has alot of functionality including debuggers and what not.
And it allows me to work directly from an ftp server without having to download and sync my files after ever change.

and it works on MAC!!! (I use a Mac Book Pro at home and school, but at work I use a PC) So I know where you are coming from...

[eluser]jacobc[/eluser]
I've been using netbeans since they got into php.
http://blogs.sun.com/netbeansphp

The code completion can work really well if you follow http://www.mybelovedphp.com/2009/01/27/n...gniter-ii/

I have been considering giving Nusphere's PHPEd a go. It isn't free, but seems quite nice and fast. It is windows based, but has been compiled using the wine libraries, and apparently can run quite well through it.

I should add netbeans supports using xdebug for debugging... I've used xdebug's profiling, I used some little program to view the results can't remember what it was though.

PHPEd seems to have good support for debugging as well, not sure about profiling.

[eluser]OverZealous[/eluser]
Thanks for your input, both of you!

I've always been a NetBeans user, but I didn't know how their PHP support was. I might install a separate version of NB just to try out the PHP stuff.

(My biggest problem with most IDEs is the attempt to force you into a different application structure. My application is all set up, and I have over 500 commits into my subversion repo. I'd hate to lose that history just to move files around!)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB