Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Calendar class - Anyone used this?

[eluser]Myles Wakeham[/eluser]
I'm looking to quickly determine if the built in CI calendar class will work for an app I'm building, but I don't have a huge amount of time to build an app to see a sample of what it looks like.

If anyone has used it in a public web application, could you please post a link to a sample of it in use so I could see it?

Much appreciated.

Myles

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
the calendar class can output a calendar that looks like anything you like as long as you want a standard monthly calendar. any other displays like weekly, or multiple months will require some expansion of the class or using another class.

the way the calendar looks is not really a problem, it's the way the CI calendar class works that is the problem. it is very simplistic. it allows you to set a string into an array item that has a key corresponding to the day number of the current month the calendar has been told to render. while this will be OK for some simple apps that want to just show indicators or a single link in a calendar day, adding multiple items to that array is a headache.

HTH.

Thanks but you are making some assumptions about what I want, which may or may not be the case. I just need to see how others have used it so I can first make a decision about the aesthetics on it (granted I understand that I can change the look on this). Month at a glance is ONLY what I need. But I do need to be able to send it a list of events with dates/times and have them show on the calendar on refresh. I'm assuming I can do that, right?

you won't be able to do times. please tell me more about your specification and then you'll likely get no assumptions. ;-)

EDIT: you won't be able to do times unless all you care about is printing the time to the screen or something basic like that. the CI calendar class only outputs one string per day. if you want anything more complicated, you'll have to build it yourself.

Thanks for your willingness to help me but please understand, I am not looking for you to solve my problem. I just want some examples of the CI Calendar class in action. I can make the determination of whether it will work or not for my application myself. I just need to be able to see it so that I can do that.

Myles

ok. i'm not offering to build anything for you, just being generous with my time and experience. unfortunately, i have no public examples to show you but i'm happy to field specific questions.

maybe you'll get some more general feedback and examples from other helpful devs on the CI boards - in my experience CI attracts a willing and intelligent bunch.

FYI - a "spec" is a good starting point for beginning a project. sounds like you might want to write one if only for yourself? i think you'll get more feedback if you express exactly what you want and then say "can the CI calendar do that?"

cheers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB