Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
tinyMCE with FCKditor image upload problem

[eluser]FuzzyJared[/eluser]
Has anyone been able to get the tinyMCE image upload to function properly? Everything works fine for the most part. I can launch the insert/edit image window, and open the FCKeditor - Resources Browser, but when I go to upload an image from my local environment, the server acts like the connector.php file is a download file and brings up a browser download option screen.

Any thoughts on this?

I have tried looking at the permissions on the connector.php file, but everything seems to be set appropriately.

I have searched the scores of tinyMCE posts, but I have not found anything that appears to be an answer.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Sounds like it could be an issue with headers. What do you get when you download the file and open it?

Nothing.... a 0 k empty file.

I'm wondering if it has something to so with whitespaces being where they shouldn't. The best way to handle this, would be to use log_message() to debug the script, and find out where the problem is.

well the weird part is that it works on my local environment, but not on the production environment... I read in one post that some people have problems with the image upload because CI turns of $_GET, but i don't see how that can be the case since the FCKeditor browser appears to utilize get variables.

I will look into the header issue though. I will check the connector file to ensure that it doesn't have any whitespaces after the closing tag. I am not sure if log_message() would show anything if there isn't an error being generated.

Also be sure to check for spaces "before" the opening tag.

[eluser]pistolPete[/eluser]
I didn't really get it:
Are you using TinyMCE or FCKeditor?
Do you use this package? http://p4a2.crealabsfoundation.org/tinyfck
Are you using CodeIgniter at all?

How do your testing and production server differ?

-- I checked connector.php and all it's included resources, it appears that there aren't any header issues going on, all of them have proper opening and closing.

I am pretty sure that I am using the TinyFCK package that you have listed.

And LOL yes I am using codeigniter. Though it would be funny if I wasn't and still posting here. The actual package that I am using was utilized in the rabyd library. And everything else works fine, with the exception of the file browser...

As far as the differences, I am running a local MAMP environment and the live is on PLESK VPS, so quite a bit.

I wonder if it has something to do with the connector var in the jscript...

<?=base_url();?>system/application/rapyd/libraries/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/filemanager/browser.html?Connector=connectors/php/connector.php&ServerPath=public/images/uploads/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB