Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Which code editing environment (IDE) to use while developing codeigniter

[eluser]ivbtar[/eluser]
I want to learn Which code editing environment (IDE) can i use while developing codeigniter framework.

[eluser]brianw1975[/eluser]
Welcome to the forums!

I think I can safely say that the best IDE for CodeIgniter is the one you are most familiar with.

Every IDE out there will have it's good features and bad features. It may take you time to find an IDE that you are most comfortable with.

Personally, I have several IDEs installed on my computer: Zend 5.5.1 and Zend 6.1 and very soon I will have Dreamweaver CS and NetBeans. My reasons are simple: Dreamweaver has better code completion for HTML & CSS than Zend does when it comes to HTML. Zend handles PHP better than Dreamweaver. Soon I will be plunging into learning Java, thus the reason for netbeans -- which also supports PHP.

So like I said, use the one you are most familiar with. If you are new to PHP and/or programming and don't have any experience with the editors here is a review of 7 of the "most popular" IDE review

Note that the above article is based around windows and does not have any mac software; but most of the java based IDEs work on the mac also.

A lot of mac programmers really like Coda and of course there is the ever popular TextMate.

Good Luck!

[eluser]ivbtar[/eluser]
Thank you very much for your explanation. It was very helpfull for me. Good Luck! to you too.

[eluser]hellomoto[/eluser]
Recently i used zends envirements. zend eclipse good but it has too long way .
suggest you netbeans. really good

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
Personally, I like phpDesigner

[eluser]Myles Wakeham[/eluser]
A very interesting post. I believe that no one IDE will do it all for web development. I find Zend Studio (not the Eclipse version) the best editor for CI PHP code because I like the layout of the hundreds and hundreds of PHP files I tend to create, and the Code Folding facilities in there. But I'm yet to work out how I can use it for debugging, so its really just a big editing suite for me.

I use Dreamweaver CS3 for WYSIWYG editing of DHTML/CSS, etc. I use Smarty tags with CI so its easy to incorporate that in Dreamweaver and keep the UI distinct from the PHP code as much as I can.

Then as for the database, we use Firebird SQL for all of our database work so I rely on IBExpert for that. I suspect that any database driven website is going to need a good DB Admin tool for this, so factoring one of these into the equation is probably a good idea too.

Again, no one IDE will do it all.

Myles

[eluser]ivbtar[/eluser]
Thanks you very much.

[eluser]alejandronanez[/eluser]
I like APTANA 2.0 and Komodo, you should try'em

[eluser]samdoidge[/eluser]
I've tried notepad, notepad++, Dreamweaver CS3, PHPEdit but am now using (and really liking) TextMate with CodeIgniter and jQuery bundles installed (giving me auto-complete, syntax checking)

[eluser]alejandronanez[/eluser]
I have WINDOWS Sad I wish I had MAC and TextMate

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB